Chapter 4 : Drifting Away

The next few weeks went well. They spend their time with each other. Eating with each other, sneaking in and out the mansion to date.

"Thank you for tonight, Natsu." Lucy said as she and Natsu came back from the town.

"Always welcome, Lucy. Go ahead, have a rest." Natsu was about to leave but Lucy tiptoed and kiss Natsu on the lips. Natsu was quite surprised but he smiled at her.

"I'll go now. Good night, Natsu."

---

"Do you like ramen this much? You already finished 2 bowls!" Natsu exclaimed as he saw Lucy ate too much this day.

"Yes. You know, they don't serve this much in the mansion because they always watch my figure. Ugh. I have never had ramen like this since my parents died. So, thank you for this!" Lucy eats again and Natsu just smiled and was mesmerized by the scene in front of him.

---

"I don't know how many times I've said this since we dated but, I am thankful that you agreed with this. You may be like me that much, huh?"

"H-huh?"

"Hahaha! Just kidding. Come on now!" Lucy tugged him and they roam around the town and did some silly things such as taking a silly photos and buy some clothes.

---

'I guess it wasn't that bad...'

'I hope this will last, despite of what's in between us...'

----

Natsu and Lucy spent most of their times together with their conditions in consideration. Everything was happening in their own way and how they wanted them to be.

2 months later...

*knock knock*

"W-wait up." Half awake Natsu said to the person behind the door. When he opened it, he saw Lucy.

"Here, eat up." Lucy told him as she hand over the bag. Natsu take it from her.

"Thank you, did you eat already?"

"Not yet." Lucy said while looking down and scratching the back of her head.

"Come inside, let's eat." Natsu said and tug Lucy inside his room.

They locked the door and sat down on the bed. Natsu pushed the small table in his room in front of Lucy and put the food.

"What are we doing for today?" Natsu enthusiastically and unexpectedly asked. Lucy has her mouth wide open. "Hey. Why?" He said as he stuffed food on his mouth.

"Uh, nothing. It's just that I'm quite surprised that you initiate to do things. Since we dated, I was the only one who initiate things like this." She said while blushing. Natsu was unable to reply, he felt bad because all this time, Lucy was the one who actually doing things for their relationship to step up. Like as if he was just tagging along.

"Hmm, maybe we can go star gazing later tonight. I heard that the skies will be full of stars later." Lucy said with a smile on her face. Natsu nods and smiled at her.

"Alright, see you after sun down. I'll go to your room." Natsu said.

"Ah, before that. I bought some clothes for you. Here." Lucy hand over another paper bag to Natsu. Natsu looked at the clothes inside and he was astounded.

"Hey, aren't these expensive?" Natsu exclaimed as he saw the pair of clothes inside the bag.

"No, not at all. Besides, I just want to give you a present. A 'thank you' gift for giving me a chance to date you. I know, I may sound like a desperate woman that looking for someone to date, and now that I have one, I just want to return the favor." Lucy said.