You Know What They Say

Vanya's eyes finally fluttered open to see her family crowding around her. As she looked at them, all the events of what happened hit her like a punch to the gut.

She looked at Allison quickly, who's throat was somehow fine, causing Vanya to wonder how long she had been out.

"Vanya?" Allison questioned.

Tears streamed down the musicians face as she thought about everything she did.

She felt a pair of arms wrap around her. And another pair. And another pair until they were in an awkward group hug.

Vanya continuously apologized and after a while the family all came to accept her apology as they realized they played a big role in the events that happened. They explained about their current predicament and Vanya took it oddly well.

A while later, as many of the family had taken seats in the room, Vanya still on the bed, the door opened and in walked Hope Marshall.

Five immediately stood up, ready to fight.

"Slow your role, Dimples." She put a hand up. "I'm just here to talk to her, apparently."

Five clenched his jaw in annoyance at the nickname as she walked to the side of Vanya's bed and pulled out a weird glass ball.

"This ball will tell me if your telling the truth or not. If it glows red then your lying and if it glows blue then your telling the truth." She explained briefly.

The family had all stepped closer, ready to protect Vanya or help her in case she needed anything.

"Go ahead." Vanya said, her voice small and quiet.

"Do you have any intentions of hurting anyone on this earth?" She asked.

"No. No I don't." Vanya answered, the ball glowing a calm blue at her words.

"Do you have negative or polluting thoughts anymore?"

There was a pause as Vanya looked around at her family. "Yes." She said quietly.

There were a few more questions basically orbiting if she was a threat or her mental health and all that. Finally Hope pocketed the globe.

"So, what I'm guessing is that your probably be under watch sometimes and you'll have to go see the Schools therapist. You'll probably have to do something else but it's not really my problem." She explained, her tone annoyed and bored.

"Anything else you wanna tell us or are we all good here?" Five asked, glaring at the girl, much to some of his family members confusion.

"I wouldn't know. Apparently I'm stuck doing stupid tasks involving you guys during my free time so.. if you need me, come find me." She said, keeping up the most obvious fake sweet facade.

"Goodbye." She concluded and spun around, walking out.

"What's up with you two?" Allison asked, looking at Five.

"Nothing." Five replied.

"She was the one that was threatening Five when we went to go get him." Klaus spoke up.

"She threatened you?" Vanya asked.

"Cool it. It's fine, I think I threatened her first but she's still hiding something." Five said.

"Well, I'm going to look around. Maybe see if some kids would lend me their drugs." Klaus said, making his way out the door.

He wandered around, gaining just a few joints and such before working to find a private place he could use them.

He wandered into a room with paintings and drawings all around it and other art making doohickeys.

There, he caught sight of the Auburn haired teenager sitting on a stool in front of half a very detailed painting on a canvas, paintbrush in hand.

"I know your there." She said out of the blue. Klaus walked over to her, a sheepish smile on his face.

She set her paintbrush down and turned to look at him.

"I didn't know you were an artist. Your always so stand off-ish and kinda bitchy." Klaus pointed out.

"Well, you know what they say." She sighed as she stood up, removing the apron from her.

"No. No I don't know what they say." Klaus replied.

Hope looked at him and snapped her fingers, the mess becoming clean and organized once again in two seconds flat.

"Witches can be bitches." She said and walked away.

"Badass." Klaus whispered after she left. (No he does not have romantic feelings for her - that would be nasty and creepy on so many levels)

~

Klaus skipped into the room where his siblings were once again, all of them turning to their high brother.

"I just ran into our new friend, Hope." He said, catching some of his siblings actual attention. "What was she doing?" Five asked him.

"Painting. She's a painter, and a very good one at that." Klaus replied. "You know, I kinda ship her and Five."

Five's head snapped up and his eyes became dangerous at those words.

"What? Why?" Diego asked.

"Well, they're both mean little pricks who don't like people. They both have some emotional problems. They-"

"They hate each other." Diego cut him off.

"Do they, brother? Do they?" Klaus asked, his voice sweet and innocent.

"Yes." Five interjected.

"Look, all I'm saying is that they are like the opposite gender versions of each other. Both don't like showing how they feel so maybe they're just hiding the fact that they like each other. I mean, Five's become obsessed with the idea that's she's hiding something because she lit a book on fire." Klaus laughed at the last part.

"A book?" Luther asked.

"Yeah. The kids in the hall told me about her. One in particular had a lot to say but I didn't listen."

"Who was this one in particular?" Five asked, his attention once again gained.

"Uh..... Kizzie.. no..... Lizzie!" He snapped his fingers.

Five disappeared in a flash of electric blue light right after he said her name to start asking some questions.

"You know..... maybe Klaus was right." Allison said as they stared at the spot their brother was standing just seconds before.