Part 1: The Chase

My feet continuously pound the grass field as red and blue lights come into my view. Multiple flashlights are already on me, highlighting my figure in the moonlight. I quickly release my death grip on my bloody knife and throw it into some bushes besides me.

"Stop right there!"

"Stop or we'll shoot!"

Within seconds, my frantic footsteps aren't the only ones I can hear.  They're  right on my tail. Within inches of them being able to grab the hood of my jacket, I make a quick left and scramble over a fence. I can't help but let out some giggles in response to their strings of curse words. My victory is short lived when two cops suddenly come up in front of me. In a split second, I dash to the right and into the open, where anyone could see me. Sh!t. My eyes dart back and forth in an effort to plan my next move. I see a gas station where a man is refueling his car. I begin to widen my stride and sprint as fast as I can towards the car. Sorry sir, but this is important!

Just a hundred feet away, the man starts to enter his car. My head turns back and forth and I realized I have no way to escape. Except maybe... The man closes his car door and right before he starts to drive away, my hand manages to grab the passenger door handle and I practically throw myself into the car. I turn to the poor guy and look into his wide eyes filled with fear and yell to him.

"DRIVE!!"

Not a single word comes out of his mouth. He looks back at the police officers catching up, nods, and slams his foot onto the accelerator.