[9]

All Gwen could remember was running as fast she could with Stiles, Liam, and Hayden wrapped around her body. Liam was wincing in pain as they drug him into a empty classroom.

"The desk, the desk." Stiles demanded Hayden and Gwen. The blonde shoved everything off not caring where it went to help lay Liam down, who was screaming in pain.

"Liam?" Hayden asked in a high pitch voice to which Liam assured her that he was okay.

"Yeah the dumbass beta who thinks he can take on a 30 foot monster is definitely fine." Gwen said examining his wounds.

Hayden lifted up a piece of skin causing her and Gwen to almost vomit. "What? Is it bad?" Liam asked.

"No."

"Very."

"Kinda."

The varying answers made Liam growl in anger. Hayden stammered, "What do guys usually do when this happens?"

"Oh, uh I usually pass out and Gwen makes jokes. And I still might do that." Stiles said nodding his head.

Stiles looked at Liam's cut and slowly began to almost fall until the two girls yelled his name loudly. "Scott did this with pain. He could trigger it. Pain makes you human."

"He's already in pain." Hayden said in a questioning voice.

"Well then let's add a little more." Gwen said bringing out her claws.

"Take away his pain.." Hayden whispered almost inaudible as she began to kiss Liam in front of the Stilinski siblings.

Gwen stared blankly as she saw Hayden's face veins darken through this kiss as she took away his pain.

Liam breathed heavily leaning back after the kiss. Gwen looked up at her brother and he was already looking at her. She wasn't sad or angry in a strange way. Her feelings were numb and unmatched. It didn't make her upset at Hayden, it made her sad that it wasn't her. She didn't have the ability to take his pain away even if she wanted to and that's what hurt her the most.

"Next time I'll kiss him." Stiles said trying to lighten Gwen's dull mood. They all chuckled and Gwen decided to side hug her brother, leaning on his chest while she did so.

—G—

She could still hear people screaming yet her own heartbeat at the same time.

She wondered where the rest of her friends were. Scott, Malia, Lydia, and even her thoughts occasionally wondered about Theo.

She looked the black board and sighed holding her head in her hands. "Gwen.."

Liam sat beside her and touched her on the shoulder softly making her flinch. "I haven't really gotten to talk to you.. since the night at the library, and I wanted to tell you how deeply sorry I am. I've been selfish. I've been cruel, especially to you. Thank you for saving me."

She looked at him in confusion and growled, "You've been extremely cruel to me, Liam, but you're only saying sorry about the library? What about since then?"

"What are you talking about?" He asked and Gwen rolled her eyes at his ignorance. "The only time we ever talked was when... you were trapped with the.. the thing."

"Nogitsune." Stiles corrected.

"Did you just happen to forget about what you said to me.. at the Nemeton... at Scott's house?" She asked standing up suddenly in frustration at the memories.