Chapter 2

Aurora took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. Today was her best starting position ever. She had a real chance at a podium today. After her talk with Dan the day before, she was feeling more confident than ever. She wasn't sure if it was because she realized everything would be ok or if it was just that she knew she was loved.

She smiled at her reflection, proud of the woman she had become over the years. The woman she wished she'd had to look up to growing up. She didn't have that role model in her life so she became it. And she was going to prove that to herself today. "I'm going to win" she said to herself, repeating the mantra a few more times. Finally sufficiently hyped, she walked to the garage.

Just as she was about to put on her helmet, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Daniel standing there smiling at her. "You're gonna make it today, I just know it" he said, looking down at her with his eyes sparkling.

She smiled up at him, "I'll do my best" she smiled back. Daniel looked around to make sure there weren't any cameras present. He quickly leaned in and pecked her lips. It was so fast, if you blinked you would've missed it. "Lets fuck some shit up" he whispered into her ear before pulling her into a big hug, making her laugh into his chest. He pulled away and they quickly fist bumped before he walked back to his side of the garage.

Aurora put her helmet on and got into the car. Alright, let's do this.
———

Aurora let out a breath she didn't even realize she had been holding in. "That's P2! P2 Aurora, you did it!" Her engineer shouted excitedly through the radio. She fist pumped the air. "Oh my god we did it!" She waved to the crew that huddled on the pit wall, cheering for her.

Daniel had also got a podium, P1 in fact. It was definitely going to be one hell of a celebration tonight.

"Aurora, that was some amazing driving from you today. Congratulations" the journalist from Women's Health magazine told her in the media pen. Aurora smiled "thank you so much".

"I'm not sure if you realize you set several records this weekend" she continued. "New lap record for this circuit, first female to qualify top 3, first female podium in f1, first female driver of the day... tell me what's going through your head right now".

Aurora never thought about it all like that. When you really lay it all out there it was actually quite impressive. "Yeah I'm just... wow yeah I really can't even put it into words," she laughed. "It's amazing. It's a weekend of firsts I guess" she shrugged, not able to get the smile off of her face.

"Thank you for your time," the journalist said as the camera turned off. Just then, she felt someone wrap their arm around her shoulder. She looked up to see Daniel next to her.

"You bragging already?" He joked, poking her side.

"Daniel, congratulations on your win as well! I was just telling Aurora how many records she has set this weekend," the journalist turned to him, now just having a moment of casual conversation off the record.

"Yeah it's a weekend of firsts I heard" he said smiling down at his teammate, pulling her a little tighter into a side hug. "We're definitely going to be celebrating hard tonight with the team" Aurora added.

The journalist smiled and thanked them again as they had to move onto the next interviews.

Luckily they were out of there fairly quickly, about as quickly as you can be when everyone wants to talk to you. They were already back at the hotel, getting ready in their own rooms for the team dinner and after party that was most likely going to go all night.

Aurora decided she was going to wear an outfit she'd been wanting to wear for a while. She deserved to celebrate tonight and she never really dressed up like this, well... not showing off so much like this anyway. She knew she looked good in the black ripped skinny jeans which made her legs look incredible. And it paired so perfectly with the black lace corset top that really accentuated her chest. It was very revealing with its see through panels and low cut neckline.