Chapter 3

As Aurora opened the hotel room door, Daniel smiled. He finally had what he'd been missing. His girl. His teammate. The woman he never meant to fall in love with. But it happened anyway. She meant more to him than anything and he was going to prove it to her.

"You know I can feel you staring at me" Aurora quipped as she was taking her earrings out to set them on the counter. Daniel closed the door behind him and kicked his shoes off, quietly laughing at her remark.

He didn't say anything. He just walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling him into her chest. He rested his chin on her shoulder, the smell of her perfume intoxicating him. It was a sensual mix of pear and musky vanilla, he instantly recognized it as his favorite perfume of hers. He closed his eyes, inhaling the scent before placing a gentle kiss to the crook of her neck.

Aurora closed her eyes and smiled at the gesture, wanting to never leave his warm embrace. She turned around in his arms and gently rested her hands on his shoulders. She simply smiled up at him, slowly taking in all his features, her right hand gently following the path of her eyes. The soft curls on top of his head, his beautiful golden brown eyes, the surprisingly soft facial hair, the dimples in his cheeks when he smiled at her. She stopped when she got to his full lips, gently running her thumb across them.

This was definitely one of those moments where they didn't need words to know what was being said. Her touch was telling him just how much she cared for him. How much she was grateful for his support. How thankful she was that he wanted to do this with her, to be with her, to try with her. Her touch and the look in her eyes told him how she was quickly falling for him, her teammate.

Daniel stared lovingly at her while she explored his face, reveling in the feeling of the contact on his skin. It was as if her touch could bring him to his knees, begging her for more. He would do anything for this girl. When she paused at his lips, he parted them, letting a sigh of contentment out before slowly leaning in to connect them with hers.

This kiss was so much different than the few they had already shared this weekend. This one had more passion behind it. Like the kiss of 2 people who had spent their whole lives together, finally coming together to express their love for the other. It was slow and urgent at the same time. Gentle and hard. Lazy and full of passion.

Daniel pulled her even closer to him by her waist as he deepened the kiss, wanting to feel every single inch of her. Her hands found their way up into his hair and gently tugged on it with a hunger she'd never felt before. Daniel carefully guided her backwards until they met a wall, allowing daniel to push his body as close to her as possible. She gasped as she was pushed up against it, triggering her to act on the hunger she was feeling.

The second she felt Daniel's hands start to explore her body, she did the same, pulling him into her by the collar of his shirt. Caressing his neck, moving down to his strong chest, his abs... she started to undo the buttons of his shirt. Once she got the top half of them undone she couldn't wait any longer and just ripped the rest of the shirt open causing buttons to fly everywhere.

Daniel smirked against her mouth, not giving a damn about his shirt. Especially when he felt her hands move inside onto his bare chest. Not once had they broken the long passionate kiss which was only getting more heated by the second. Daniel gently bit down on her lower lip, tugging it with him slightly before letting it go. The sensation caused her to groan out of frustration, not just sexually but also from the loss of the feeling of his lips on hers.

"Wait, slow down babe," Daniel whispered breathlessly, grabbing onto her wrists to stop her hands which were now tugging at his belt. She looked up at him confused and also breathless. Aurora furrowed her brows, "what's wrong?"
He smiled, trying to catch his breath. He reached a hand up to caress the side of her face. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong. I just want to make sure you want this. Right now. And it's not just from the high of a great weekend".

Aurora opened her mouth to protest but Daniel knew what she was going to say and stopped her. "I know I said I'm ready whenever you are. And I still mean that. I just don't want you to feel pressured," he spoke as his thumb traced over her cheekbone.

Aurora thought about his words for a second and smiled. "Honey, I can't think of a better way to end this weekend of firsts than by being with you," she paused to study his face. She wanted to see his reaction at her next words. "Honestly, I lied earlier. Ever since yesterday, I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I mean, between the both of us, our kids would have the most tangled curly hair imaginable but I can't wait to spend hours trying to comb through it every morning. I'm ready for this" she said as she reached up to place her hand overtop of his, intertwining their fingers.

Those words were music to his ears. It was like an angel was singing them to him. He grinned so widely before he crashed his lips back onto hers. Feeling fully connected to her finally, he guided her toward the bedroom before slowly undressing her and showing her just how much she meant to him.

It was an experience like he'd never had before. This was love, it wasn't just sex. He truly loved her and couldn't believe he'd been missing out on this for so long. He never wanted to go back to anything else ever again. This was what life was supposed to feel like. It was like a fog had lifted and he could feel all of his senses heightened. When she screamed his name it was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard. Her moans and breathless pleas were doing something to him that he'd never felt before. He thought his heart was going to explode.

Aurora was feeling the same way. She'd never been touched like this, loved like this. The things he was doing to her were driving her body and mind absolutely crazy. And it was all from his body moving against hers. These 2 people that were meant to be together finally being together. It was as if the contact alone was causing a special kind of high. They were so tangled up in each other you couldn't tell where one of them ended and the other began. Like they had become one entity.

Her name spilling over his lips again and again caused her to lose control with him. They both reached their release together, bodies writhing against each other, her hands above her head on the pillow, held in place with his, fingers interwoven. Daniel leaned down and placed his forehead against hers as they both came back down from their orgasms. He looked at the beautiful woman underneath him, his whole being so full of love for her his body was buzzing.

At that moment, they both looked at each other and started to giggle. It wasn't that it was particularly funny, just that they both realized they didn't feel awkward at all about what just happened. It was only yesterday that Daniel had proposed his solution for her and all but declared his love for her. Yet it felt like they had been together all along. Since yesterday, they just stopped holding back. They both fully embraced this new territory in their relationship and were being completely open minded to what could happen.

Daniel got up to go to the bathroom and when he came back, Aurora was already putting on some pajamas. She paused to look at herself in the huge mirror in the corner of the room. Daniel quietly walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. They just looked at the reflection in the mirror and smiled as Daniel moved his hands over hers which were resting on her flat stomach.

"We look pretty good together you know" Daniel spoke quietly as he observed the couple in the mirror. Aurora let out a huff, but smiled and agreed with him, leaning her head back a bit to rest against his shoulder. He leaned his head down onto hers. "We'd make a really cute baby" he whispered in her ear, joking a little, trying to keep it light hearted. She smiled and laughed a little, "let's hope we just did". She turned her head to be able to look at him and his lips instantly met hers in a long slow kiss.

"Let's go to bed beautiful" Daniel said as he pulled away, pulling her by the hand toward the bed. They snuggled up to each other and Aurora fell asleep almost instantly, letting her exhaustion of the events of today finally take over. Daniel smiled down at the woman resting on his chest, his arm around her gently rubbing her back, the other laying on his stomach holding her hand. He was brought back to the first time they had laid like this, only a week ago.

So much had changed since then. That night, he felt like he was holding her together, the circumstances being so sad that it had caused this crazy idea to enter his brain. But now, a week later, that crazy idea had brought them together. Now he wasn't holding her together anymore, he was holding his future.