EPILOGUE

(Your POV)

"Sherlock, come on! Guests will be here any minute!"

"We're coming!" Sherlock calls from upstairs. A few moments later, I hear footsteps and turn to see Sherlock bounding down the stairs, followed by the lighter footsteps and a smaller figure.

I sigh. "William Hamish Holmes, where are your shoes?"

I look down at my son as he fidgets around guiltily. "Umm... I'm using them for an experiment. Shoes are unnecessary seeing as we will be indoors all day."

I almost laugh out loud. There was no denying he was Sherlock's son. He might have had my eyes and nose, but he had his father's mess of curls, porcelain skin, and otherworldly IQ.

I look at Sherlock knowingly. "He's your son, alright."

Sherlock chuckles and wraps an arm around me, giving me a light kiss on the forehead. "Well, I can't take all the credit."

I hum to myself and kneel down, grabbing William's hands. "William, you're almost 5 now. You have to start wearing shoes to family functions. Go upstairs and put some on." I kiss his forehead. "I love you. Go!"

Reluctantly, he trudges upstairs. I hear a knock at the door.

"Let us in, Ginger Snap!" I hear Mycroft call from the hall. I smile.

"I'll get it." I smooth my dress and open the door, beaming. "Mycroft!!" I wrap him in a big hug that he returns reluctantly. "Merry Christmas!"

He pats my head. "You too, dear sister."

"And what am I, chopped liver?"

I fake an annoyed look. "Yes, yes, Merry Christmas to you too, Greg. I was hoping to see less of you before we return to work in a few days."

We look at each other and laugh before I wave them in, welcoming them into our home.

"And where is the little one?" Mycroft asks, looking around.

"I'm coming!" William leaps down the stairs, running to him. "Uncle Mycroft!!" He hugs his uncle's leg and Mycroft jokingly tries to shake him off.

"Yes, hello little goldfish."

William frowns and pulls away. "I'm smarter than you."

It's only a few minutes before more guests arrive, Mrs. Hudson, Sherlock's parents and, of course, John and Mary along with their beautiful baby girl. Sherlock's parents coo over the two children while the rest of the adults gather in the kitchen, laughter and chatter filling the flat along with the clinking of glasses.

I stand in the living room, overlooking everything. Sherlock and John laughing over an old case, sipping on the Christmas wine. My parents-in-law helping William gently hold John's baby. Mary poking fun at her husband. Greg fixing Mycroft's tie for the fifth time that hour and Mycroft shooing him off. Mrs. Hudson just happy to be here. Countless presents under the tree. Fairy lights filling the room with the perfect ambience.

"Attention everyone!" I snap out of it as Sherlock clinks a spoon against his glass. "I have an announcement, if we could all make our way to the living room." The room fills with murmurs as everyone gathers. He makes his way over to me and smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I'd like to make a toast. To my beautiful wife, (Y/n), who as you all know has done a wonderful job of planning this evening for all of us." The room voices their agreement and thanks.

"Oh, stop," I give him a light slap on the chest. "I had help."

He shoots me a knowing wink and I wonder what he has up his sleeve. "It's my pleasure to announce that we are having another baby!"

My mouth drops as the room erupts in cheers. "I'm pregnant?!" I whisper excitedly.

"Yes, you are, my love." He whispers back, planting a long kiss on my lips, dipping me back just a bit.

I laugh and turn to the guests who are now crowding me with congratulations. I spare one last look at Sherlock. My husband, Sherlock. As he smiles at me with those bright blue eyes filled with love, I can't help but smile back.

He raises his glass and gives me a nod. I love you; he mouths.

I love you, too.

As the evening continues and I watch everyone open up gifts, I realize I am the happiest I've ever been. I sit on the sofa leaning on the chest of the most perfect, devoted husband, surrounded by my family and best friends. My son, the new love of my life, sits on my lap, wiggling excitedly every time he guesses correctly what each gift is. I look around the room at the lights and mistletoe and have a sudden desire to stay just like this.

"I never want this to end." I mumble to myself. "This is perfect."

Sherlock hums in agreement next to me. "Every day is perfect when I'm with you."

I look into his eyes and smile. "Well, good thing you're stuck with me forever then."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

THE END