IV

when we entered we shut the doors and walked before slipping.tink grabbed the edge of the wall while i slid down even more.i ended on my butt while tink carefully slided to every book stack to hold herself.she helped me up when she was near and i rubbed my cold butt.

"i forgot this is made of ice."i groaned.she giggled and we once again carefully walked but there was one more slide like floor and before i could hold myself i slid down again on my butt.i saw the book stack and i grabbed it.i mentioned for tink to come and i grabbed her when she was near me.

"why isn't this ma-"i started but she put her hand on my mouth."tink,what are you doing?"i removed her hand angrily.she pointed ahead of us and i saw a book stand.i shrugged my shoulders and slid over to the next stack but stopped when i heard the voice.i looked around me and saw a thousands of book stacked all around.did this keeper spend his whole life here?how old is he anyway?

i mentioned for tink to come closer.when she did i whispered."why are we hiding?aren't we gonna jump scare him?"she shrugged and i rolled my eyes.

"keeper. keeper!"shit.i pulled tink behind the stack but she stubbornly looked.i sighed,annoyed.she's gonna get us into trouble.

"the most amazing thing happened. you'll never believe it."the girl said.she had pretty voice.

i could hear the keeper was saying something but girl was louder.if i interrupted someone like that minister of spring,hyacinith would have my head.

"i've never felt anything like it! my friends didn't believe me, but how could they because it's so..."wow the girl can talk.she reminds me of tink,who can never stop talking herself.

"slow down. i can only listen so fast."i giggled at his words.

"yesterday, at the border, my wings. they actually...they lit up."what?i looked back at tink and i widened my eyes when i saw her taking her coat off and walking away."it's happening again!"

i trailed after her and i saw the keeper,an old man,looked at tink.

"in all my years."the keeper said.he looked at me and i smiled politely.

"your wings. they're sparkling."

"like yours."

i took a look at the other girl.she was pretty,wearing nice dress with tights.her hair was white,short and spiked up,only her bangs on the side.her and tink's wings sparkled and i gasped.they were truly beautiful.

"i've written about the sparkling, but i've never seen the sparkling with my own peepers!"the keeper said."oh, uh, follow me!"he mentioned for us to follow him.it was quite pleasant here so i took off my coat.my wings were hurting anyway.

the keeper pointed his cane toward a great room with a giant snowflake pattern on the floor"now, step the footsies on the bubble."

i stood back with him.tink gave me her coat and flew away.

"just put your wings into the light!"suddenly a bright light erupted and i covered my eyes.i watched their story the whole time.they were born from the same smile!how peculiar.

"two fairies born of the same laugh. so that means..."tink started.

"you're my..."

"so we're...sisters."i opened my mouth in surprise.i have read about it but the last sisters were born long long ago before pixie hallow.

"yes! and your wings are identical."the keeper flew up to them and i followed."that is why they sparkle."

the girls turned their back towards eachother and lined up their wings.the keeper was right,the patterns matched perfectly.a bright spark of light suddenly burst forth when their wings touched.it created a beam that shone all the way to the ceiling.i groaned and cover my eyes.