Chapter Thirteen- Lost Temper

“Danielle, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, Austin,” Danielle said looking at the road in front of her, she was driving in a tunnel so she was able to see “so what do you want to know?”

“The burn on your face… how did you get it?”

At Austin’s question, Miranda looked at her sister from the middle. She wanted to know where the burn had come from, but she didn’t want to ask. 

“Two years ago I was being chase and I tried to hide in this barn,” Danielle told him a sad smile on her face “somehow they knew where I was and they tried burning me out.”

“How?” Miranda asked looking at the horrible burn “how are you still here? The burn hasn’t healed, why isn’t it gone?”

“The man was stupid and locked himself in with me,” she told her sister keeping her eyes on the old tunnel, one that she had fixed over the two years “So I was able to get out through the window. I never let it healed, since no one would know I was a vampire. It worked, since I’ve talked to about three different known vampire hunters,”

“Changed your name?”

“I did Miranda or should I say Yesenia.”

“Do you meant telling us the name you use?” Austin asked causing both female to look at him “just in case one of your friends come over.”

“Alexis Elizabeth.”

“Nice you, Austin.”

Miranda just sighed, shotting both of them a glare. The two just smiled at her and she gave up, putting her head on Austin’s shoulder, since he wasn’t driving. The hike to her father’s house, then from Germany to Poland and then the flight to Russia, she was tired and was dead to the world in seconds.

--

“Austin?” Danielle asked she pulled into her garage. As soon as Miranda had gone to sleep, Austin had followed, however the boy did wake up before her “what are your feelings towards my sister?”

“I love her,” he told her while looking at his crushes sleeping face “and I would do anything to protect her and to make her happy.”

Danielle looked at him, a smile on her pale tanned face. “Good luck with that,” she told him, while her sister was smart… she didn’t understand relationships nor could she tell if someone liked her. Miranda was sometimes naïve and clueless.

“Thanks.”

“I should tell you something.”

Austin didn’t know what to say, so he just looked at her. Danielle smiled at him and climbed out of her truck, walking to window on the side Austin was sitting on.