Chapter Fourteen- Thomas Paine and the Unwanted Gift

Miranda just looked at the clear sky. This was more worrying then when the storm started, it meant that the demons had gotten the energy from it. It was the reason she panicked, she was able to see the magic in the storm, even from America.

She had only been awake for a few minutes. When she woke up, she knew she would need to find the seal and she went through the book her mother gave her, the one she kept behind her ear.

She wasn’t able to pin point the seal’s location, but it was in Russia and most likely a few hours outside Moscow. That was pretty good, but then again, this would be the millionth time she read that book.

“Miranda, how long have you been up?”

Miranda just looked at him for a second before going back to her book. Austin just sighed, he knew she was worried. Sitting next to the girl, all he saw was colour and a cross. Giving up with trying to figure the book out, he just looked at the landscape. The snow was deep and it might takes days or months for it to go down naturally.

“Is that a map?”

“Yes it is, Austin,” Miranda sighed looking back at her book “I’m trying find the seal, but so far all I know that it’s in Russia and somewhere near Moscow.”

“I see…” Austin said. He didn’t know how to bring up the subject, but Miranda needed to stop blaming herself “Danielle told us about her gift.”

“That’s nice.”

“She also told us about yours.”

“I’m guessing she got it wrong.” Miranda sighed “no one understands my gift, not even mother or father, so Danielle won’t understand it.”

“Meaning?”

“What did she tell you?”

“Huh?”

“Can’t correct information, when I don’t know it.”

“I’m quoting her, so don’t get mad,” Austin told her and when Miranda nodded he continued “that ‘she can see people’s deaths, but even that has parts to it’.”

“Can’t.”

“So you can’t also ‘cause people’s deaths’?”

“I can do that.”

“Want to tell me your gift then?”

“It’s not a gift, it’s a curse.”

“I’m sure it’s not that bad,” he said while giving her a smile, Miranda just sighed and looked at her book, her hair covering her face.