une

"where are they taking me?"

.

.

.

.

start-->

your dad, had kept you a secret.

for as long as he could, he would tell you not to leave the house. he would send money there from time to time, or he'd send some food over, sometimes he'd even visit just to make you were okay. he'd never visit consistently just in case someone followed him. he was very overprotective.

but that was only when it came to your safety.

for the most part, you had a decent childhood, he'd bring you toys, buy you things, and even celebrate with you on your birthday, especially when you were younger. you didn't know about your technique, he never talked to you about it.

he didn't mention it until you turned 8.

"have you seen anything out of place lately, weird things popping up?"

"no papa, why?"

you had asked, tilting your head as you stopped playing with your dolls. he let out a sigh, kneeling down to your level and as he did so, he grabbed both of your hands, smiling the softest smile at you.

"those are called curses, love. they taint the world and we need to stop them."

"we?"

"yes, we. you have a gift, a beautiful one in fact - you can see those curses, the rest of the world can't, there are others like both you and me."

trying to explain something like this to an 8-year old was difficult. but as time went on, you grew to understand what he meant. this is why you were never allowed to leave the house. it was dangerous.

your father was a dangerous man, a powerful one in fact.

he had told you when you turned 14 that you were just as powerful as he was. it confused you, since you never saw your abilities in the first place. you figured you might've gotten lucky, and never got his technique.

but you did. that was the thing.

he knew you did just based off of the amount of cursed energy you gave off. that alone, was all he would tell you.

he continued to inform you about cursed energy, cursed spirits, jujustu sorcerers, and even how to form that said cursed energy. he just never taught you. he didn't plan on it either, he wanted to keep you safe for as long as you could.

that was a bold face lie if you started to think about it.

15-years old, and getting dragged out of your apartment - you didn't think it'd come to this. some chick named 'mei mei' was here, her grip firm on your wrist as you struggled.