onze

"she's not in the culling game

"she's not in the culling game. she's apart of it."

.

.

.

.

start --->

you didn't know exactly when the plan went into motion, but once it did, you were stuck by inumakis' side. not that he seemed to mind, he was quiet, but he noticed how jittery you were. he doesn't point it out, walking by your side as the world around the two of you went to shit. again, he doesn't seem to mind your company. megumi seemed to notice how he clinged to you, and hell,, maybe one day you all can look back and laugh at this.

if everyone gets out of this alive, that is.

you stayed quiet, keeping your sealed dad in your arms as you looked around the evacuated city. there wasn't any people left to see. it was giving you anxiety, and even though you thought inumaki didn't notice this - he did. he noticed the way your eyes stayed focused on everything else but him.

it was quiet, but the way the silence engulfed the two of you was like a plague, and even so, that doesn't stop you from looking around. eventually, there was a gentle warmth in your hand that blossomed, and it shook you to your very core. you nearly flinched away from the feeling until you realized that it was inumaki simply trying to comfort you. nonetheless, you glance down at your intertwined hands. his hands larger in comparison and it made you feel small. there was a fuzzy feeling in your chest that catches you off guard. it's hard to believe that even in a situation like this, you couldn't help but admire the other.

"inumaki..?"

your words are barely above the whisper, but due to how quiet it was around you two, he could hear you crystal clear. the two of halted in your spot, tugging him closer to you by his hand. if your dad was here physically, he'd most definently be angry that this was even happening, but unfortunately, he was sealed away, and that made you laugh, even if only a bit. you open your mouth to say something once you caught his attention. their was a glint of admiration in his eyes, and you found it utterly adorable. though, before you could say something, there was a loud crash in the subway the two of you were heading towards. your eyes widened with shock as inumaki was quick on his feet - only standing in front of you in order to protect you from whatever it was.

though, you wished he never took his eyes off you. a faint pang of hurt burning inside of your gut. "run." he says with no hesitation all of a sudden. you could feel your body relax at the sound of his voice, so without a word, you proceed to run with the turn of your heel in the other direction. your dads' cube in your hands as you hear the crashes and thuds grow distant behind you. though, you wanted to stop. you were furious - not because he made you run, but because you weren't able to break this spell.