𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

POTIONS
"𝗂 𝗌𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀."

—"AH, HARRY M'BOY I WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY

—"AH, HARRY M'BOY I WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY. BROUGHT SOMEONE WITH US, I SEE," SAID SLUGHORN WHEN HARRY AND RON HAD WALKED INTO THE POTIONS CLASSROOM, BOTH OF THEM LATE. Alexandria looked up from the book in her hands, rolled her eyes, and went back to it.

"Ron Weasley, sir." introduced Ron. "But I'm dead awful at potions. A menace, actually, so I'm probably just going to—"

Harry grabbed Ron before he could leave, giving him a smug look when he was able to stop him.

"Nonsense! We'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," said the professor.

"Sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet," Harry said with an apologetic look. "nor has Ron."

"Not to worry, get your books from the cupboard. Now—" Slughorn finally looked back at the potions in the middle of the classroom "—as I was saying, I've prepared some concoctions this morning. Who can tell me what these potions are?"

Alexandria tuned him out. Not only because she was starting to get bored, but because she was really, really tired.

She rubbed her eyes, already planning to sleep as soon as her classes were over.

Her head snapped up when Hermione Granger said, "—Amortentia. It's the most powerful love potion in the world.. it is rumored to smell different to each person, according to what attracts them."

Alexandria tuned her out this time, frowning when she noticed that almost everyone was exchanging looks or blushing.

"Do you smell something?" She asked Draco, who snapped out from the daze he was in— not paying attention to the class, nor the potion at all.

Draco took a sniff, his cheeks flushing. "Do you?" He asked instead, trying to forget what he had just smelt.

"No," Alexandria mumbled truthfully, shaking her head. "I smell nothing."

"Maybe you're having a cold?"

She nodded, but her frown didn't go away— eyes never leaving the potion. "Maybe.."

And right before Slughorn put the lid back on the potion, Alexandria smelled a distinct smell of green apples— something that confused her even more.

Where had she smelt that?

"—whoever makes a perfect potion of the Draught of the Living Death will get this small vial of liquid luck," Professor Slughorn said, finally catching her attention again. "Now, off you all go!"

"The clear winner! Excellent, excellent, Harry! Good lord, it's clear you've inherited your mother's talent." Slughorn said, a few hours later.

Harry looked extremely uncomfortable at being compared to his mother, then pointed to Alexandria's potion. "Sir, hers is better than mine."

"Nonsense, Potter," the girl rolled her eyes, even though they both knew that Harry was right.

She didn't want to get Slughorn's attention, while Harry didn't want the same thing for himself.

Harry glared at her, while she merely gave him a smirk. Both of them didn't like their new professor— Alexandria believed that the man brought shame upon Slytherin, while Harry was just uncomfortable with him— as the man almost always brought his parents up.

"Well, as promised, one vial of liquid luck!" exclaimed the professor, giving it to Harry.

"Who's the halfblood prince?" Harry asked as soon as he caught up to Alexandria.

The girl frowned. "Why?"

Harry pointed to the potion book in his hand. "This book. It belonged to him. Who is he?"

"Snape."

"What?" blanched Harry, not knowing if he heard her correctly. "Snape called himself the halfblood prince?"

"Yeah." Alexandria nodded. "He's a halfblood and his mother's maiden name was Prince."

"Snape's a halfblood?" He repeated in shock.

"Yes," nodded the girl again. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm really tired and would like a nap. I'll see you around."