The Teddy

"No." I simply told the man. He looked at the bracelet in my hand, then back up at my face. "I—you're not. Jason's dead." Tears threatened to spill down onto my cheeks.

The man's hands met the rope tied around his neck that was keeping the sack in place. He untied it and lifted the sack up to reveal his face to me. I stared upon his deformed face and familiar eyes. His ginger hair was overgrown and messy, as if he had been living out here for decades. If he was right, if he was Jason, that would've been the case.

"You're Jason Voorhees?" It didn't really sound like a question.

The sack was soon tied back around his face. A stray tear ran down my cheek. 'Jason' came in close and touched said cheek. His big hand traced my aged skin lovingly.

"Prove to me that you're Jason." I didn't move away from his touch.

The killer walked off into the cabin that I had woke up in. After a few moments, he came back out with the teddy bear in his hand. I furrowed my brows when he gently handed it to me. I looked at the old bear in my hands. The brown matted fur and single button eye still reminded me of the one I bought Jason.

"Did you put me in that bed?" I asked. He nodded. "Did you put this bear next to me?" Another nod. "Where'd you get it?" I held my breath when a finger pointed at my chest.

I stared at him in pure awe for a few long moments. He slowly reached towards my face and I didn't flinch. He stroked the tears away from my face before I even realised I was crying.

"You—you..." My voice trembled and broke.

Jason's hands were cupping my cheeks now. His thumbs were gentle to stroke my skin like he couldn't believe I was here in front of him.

Neither could I.

"We all thought you were dead." I whispered through sobs. I hugged the bear tightly to my chest with trembling arms. "I missed you."

Jason came in close, and set his masked forehead against mine. I closed my eyes after he closed his, tears escaping before they shut completely. I reached my shaky fingers out and brushed against the burlap sack over his face.

"What have you been doing out here all alone?" I asked quietly.

My hand stroked the fabric on his face which made him snuggle into my hand with a glint of touch starvation in his eye. The man suddenly pulled away from my touch then moved his own hands around my waist. He slung me over his shoulder effortlessly, resulting in a squeal from me.

"Jason! What're you...?" I watched the teddy bear dangle by its arm in my grasp as Jason trotted into the woods. "You know I can just follow you. I'm not gonna run away." I said.

Jason kept a firm grip and continued on to his destination. The crickets and cicadas and owls sung in the night of the woods in a hauntingly beautiful orchestra. The tall trees of oak stood tall and swayed with the soft summer breeze. I held my head in my hand in boredom while listening to Jason's heavy duty boots trudge against the forest floor.

"So," I started. "Where're we going?"

Jason Voorhees didn't reply.

"You still don't talk much?" I asked.

Silence.

"You really haven't changed. Huh, sweetie?"

Jason finally stopped walking and I stared down at the ground that was like, what? Seven feet below me? Jason grew tall. He set me down on the forest floor as carefully as he could before I brushed myself off. I held the grubby teddy bear out for him with an almost motherly smile. The man took it from me like it was beyond precious. It would've been to him. It was all he had left of the love his mother and I gave him.

"You know, I—I used to tell your mother that I was worried you were gonna be a little shorty forever. 'Cause you were small. God, you were just the cutest. And look at you now, all tall and handsome." I ran my hand down his muscular arm all the way to the buttons at the bottom of his sleeve.

Jason stared at my hand on his sleeve and seemed to almost shutter at the warm touch. I flushed bright red and felt feelings towards Jason I never ever thought I'd ever feel. Our age gap didn't seem so big now that we weren't kids anymore. I cleared my throat and retracted my hand from him bashfully. I squinted in the dark of the night at the building that stood before us. It was a shack.

"Is—is this what you've been living in?" My heart shattered into a million pieces.

Jason entered the shack, silently beckoning me to follow him in. I gawked at the dusty architecture of the shack, old furniture and wooden planks here and there. The killer watched me for a few moments before exiting the room to another. I followed curiously to see what was in the other makeshift room.

I screamed.

Pamela Voorhees' decomposing head sat on a shrine that was adorned with lit candles. A torn sweater I could only guess was hers was draped over the shrine as well. A bloody machete laid there next to it, and I could imagine that it was the reason she was decapitated in the first place. A rotten body laid on the floor by the shrine, a screwdriver sticking out of its face.

"Oh, god..." I thought I was about to throw up but instead I felt all lightheaded again.

My eyes rolled back into my skull and I felt myself falling again. I hit the ground hard until everything felt dark and soft.

A drained groan left my chapped lips when I felt myself awakening. I peeled my eyes open to meet the familiar logged ceiling. The covers over me were warm like I had been under them for a while. My eyes soon focused on the figure that was sitting on the edge of the bed I was sleeping in. I was back at the murder cabin Jason had put me in the first time I fainted. There Jason sat before me, his teddy bear on his lap.

"Jason." I stated with a croak.

Jason shuffled closer to me and placed the teddy next to me.