The Announcement

I kissed Jason passionately in my drunken haze. I scrunched his shirt up into a ball in my palm. I finally broke away, Jason's arms still secure around my waist. I stared into his mismatched eyes with my own blurry ones.

"I'm sorry." I slurred.

I kept my arms hung loosely around Jason's thick neck, waiting for his next move. He finally rested his forehead against mine.

Do that again. Kiss me again.

"I shouldn't of done that." I uttered.

Jason didn't listen, and instead carefully placed his lips back on mine. My eyes widened and I suddenly felt a bit more sober. The younger man pulled away nervously and stared at my face.

"I..." I gaped. Jason's grip on my waist tightened. "Jason, I love you." I blurted out.

He smashed his lips on mine again in an inexperienced kiss. I melted into it and strengthened the grip I had on his neck. I felt Jason's hands on my waist move down to the back of my thighs, hoisting me up into his hold. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist. We broke away to catch a breath before going to kiss again.

"I dunno how you survive all this." I sat crosslegged under an old oak three, Jason leaning against the tree trunk.

He wore a scuffed hockey mask on his face, a bloody machete at his side. The man managed to kill half of the teenagers that were currently staying in the cabins by the lake. I was of course back at home working, I only just came into town an hour ago. Jason stared at me lovingly from his spot as I talked with my hands.

"So good news, I guess." I began. Jason perked up slightly, eager to listen. "I've decided to go back to my old roots. I've quit my job and found myself a nanny job right here in Crystal Lake." I explained. Jason tilted his head. "I start Monday." I added. Jason's head didn't move from its tilted position. "I'm gonna start packing my things tomorrow and should be settled in by the weekend."

The killer before me clearly didn't know how to react. A smirk met my features and I narrowed my eyes playfully.

"I'll be moving here, silly. Forever. We'll be able to see each other as much as you like." I said.

Jason moved to grab my hand, giving it a needy squeeze. He soon rested his head on my shoulder, my hand still intertwined with his. I leaned my own head on top of his. There were still teenagers out there, terrified and grieving over their fallen friends.

I let out a tsk. "Jason, Jason, Jason."

"You're lucky I love you." I sighed.

Jason grunted; his way of saying he was sorry.

He sat up again, stroking my cheek. I stared at him blissfully, touching his hand that was against me gently. My fingers brushed against the beaded bracelet on his wrist. Jason gave me a small kiss on the lips then rested his forehead against mine.

That was his way of saying he loved me.

La vie en rose.