Chapter 2

Kyler

Kyler could not believe how his day had played out. What the hell? He found his mate. She was in love with someone else. She gave herself to him. Running faster than Ensley, but keeping close enough, she could still see him. He wanted distance. Ensley should not be in love with someone else. Her uncle was scum for telling her she would never find her true mate in a wolf. Why would he do that? Just so she would be bound to Maddox? Why would Maddox agree if he knew his true mate was still out there? Of course, he could see why Maddox would agree. Ensley was everything any man could ever dream of. She was perfection, her face, hair, body and she seemed to be a truly good person. Ensley was his. He had marked her and mated with her. There was no turning back.

Kyler! Kyler. Stop. Please. He heard Ensley through their mind link.

He kept running. "Kyler!" This time, he heard her voice. She had shifted and was standing in the middle of the woods. He shifted but did not move. Ensley ran toward him, throwing herself into his arms when she reached him.

She kissed his face, his neck, and her mark on him. "Kyler, I would not change anything if I could. You, as my mate, is more than I ever dreamed. I may have only met you today, but the love and desire I feel for you is staggering, and it will only grow as I get to know you as a person. I am sure of it. Please don't distance yourself from me. It hurts."

"Please don't talk about being in love with someone else. It hurts." He touched his forehead to hers. "You are mine and mine alone. Maddox is your past."

"I know. I know. You are mine and I am yours." She kissed his lips.

"We need to get home so I can introduce my Luna to the pack." He gave her a slight smile. It did not reach his eyes, but he could not help it. He still felt unsure, and it was a feeling he was not used to having.

"Yes, let's go." Ensley removed her hands from his chest.

They reached Chase, and Kyler took out one of his shirts from his suitcase and tossed it to Ensley. It went almost to her knees. He was pleased that she was finally covered with clothes. He did not want everyone seeing his naked Luna.

Kyler elected to ride in the backseat with Ensley and let Chase drive them home. Chase mind linked with him on the way home, and they discussed what happened when he went back for the car. Chase relayed it all to Kyler.

He spotted Ensley's Uncle James in deep discussion with Maddox and Alpha Dax upon his arrival. Maddox looked upset, but Dax seemed ready to explode. They looked at Chase when he appeared.

"So, they've left?" Maddox walked over to Chase. His eyes were full of pain.

Chase nodded. "Yes, we are going back to Blood Moon as soon as I meet up with them with the car."

"I can't believe this happened." Maddox ran his hand through his hair. "We are in love. I did not think a werewolf could be her true mate since she is half human and half werewolf. Her uncle assured us that was true."

"What about your mate?" Chase asked him.

"I am in love with Ensley. I do not care about anyone else." Maddox stood straighter. "Once we marked and mated, the pull of my mate would not have been as strong if I ever even met her."

"That seems kind of callous towards your true mate." Chase censured him with his eyes.

"Maybe, but it's always been Ensley. I thought perhaps we would have been mates if her father had been wolf instead of human." Maddox shook his head. "That thought was shot out of the water today as soon as she saw Kyler."

"Why are her uncle and your father so upset? You are taking this better than they are." Chase glanced up at each man, still in discussion.

"They are unhappy to lose what Ensley was bringing to the table. The mines her human family owns. They are worth millions." Maddox walked. "She is the only one in her family left to inherit once her grandfather dies. She is already a millionaire. Though that is not why I wanted her."

"Wow." Chase was not sure what to say. That kind of money would be a coup for any pack. "No wonder her uncle and your father are furious at the turn of events. Surely, they see that Kyler and Ensley are meant to be and there's nothing to be done about it."

"Meant to be." Maddox kept walking. "I thought we were meant to be. Ensley and I were childhood friends, and it grew to be more. In her human world, that would have been more than enough for a happy, successful marriage."

"We aren't human." Chase replied. "Let her go."

"I am not sure that I can." Maddox said.

"Kyler will kill you before he lets you take his mate. You know how this works. It was not his choice or her choice. It is just the way it is. You may love her, but she is no longer yours. Let it go." Chase tried to reason. He could see that Maddox was getting worked up.

"Have they marked each other? Mated?" Maddox asked. Chase could see the tears pooling in his eyes.

"Not that I know of. They were meeting me in town to ride back to our pack." Chase walked alongside Maddox.

"Good. Good." Maddox nodded. "I need to talk to Ensley."

Chase looked at Maddox. "Just because that hasn't happened does not mean there is hope for you. There isn't any hope that you will get Ensley back. None."

"I can't accept that. Not yet." Maddox shifted with a growl and took off running.

"He is out of his mind if he thinks for one second, I will let him have Ensley." Kyler spoke aloud to Chase, tightening his arms around his sleeping mate. "Besides, we have marked and mated."

"You did?" Chase asked. "When?"

"Right after you left. It just happened. We both wanted it." Kyler met Chase's eyes in the rearview mirror. "I know she is in love with Maddox, but she told me she would not change our situation if she could. Ensley said the love she has for me is staggering. Just as mine is for her. I find it amazing how much love and care I have for her in the few hours I've known her. Really, it was instantaneous." Ensley snuggled closer.

"That is exactly how I felt with Hannah." Chase smiled.

They arrived at the Blood Moon pack very early the next morning. It was still dark. Ensley was asleep on his shoulder.

****Please don't forget to vote or leave comments! Thank you for reading. ~DH