Chapter 6

Ensley

Ensley awoke to big, strong arms wrapped around her. She snuggled into Kyler. This is how she had woken up for the past three days. It was amazing. Kyler had spent more time with her at home, taking her with him to the packhouse to show her how he ran the pack, and she was slowly finding her way as Luna. In fact, today was her Luna ceremony and she could not be more excited. The only bit of sadness had been when she talked with her mother again. Ensley called her after the night she and Kyler came together. She wanted to share her happiness with her mother but instead never even mentioned it during the phone conversation.

"Ensley, I am so happy you called. I am sorry about the last time we talked. I am afraid I did not phrase things correctly." Her mom, Sheree said.

"I think you did; you just weren't expecting me to get so upset about it." Ensley replied.

"Honey, I do not want to rehash it all again. How are you? We all miss you terribly, especially Maddox." she cooed. "Uncle James would like to talk to you as well." Her mom's voice sounded off. Maybe someone was listening to their conversation.

"I can talk with him another day. The reason, I am calling is that I want you to come to my Luna Ceremony. It will be Saturday night." Ensley said.

Sheree was silent. "I am not sure if I will be allowed to come. What will it be like? Like your marking ceremony, I planned?" Her mom sounded mad. Ensley ignored her tone.

"I don't know much; my friend Hannah is planning it. I will walk down to meet Kyler at our pack's ceremonial grounds when the moon is at its highest. The ceremony will take place and then we will have a gathering in the packhouse. I told Hannah I wanted it to be as simple as possible. I am sad you will not be there. Please, at least ask." Ensley said.

"I will, but Alpha Dax is still livid that you did not stay with his son. Maddox told us you would not come back with him. He said he saw you outside the Blood Moon pack territory lines." Her mom said.

"It was awful, mom. He tried to take me against my will." Ensley's voice was full of sadness. "He professed to love me all this time. I know differently now. He was in with his father and my uncle to control my grandfather's mines. I feel so used."

"Oh, Ensley, don't think of it like that. We were all thinking of you and just trying to help. We all love you. Maddox is so unhappy without you."

"Mom, nothing is going to change. I am not coming back. My life is here in the Blood Moon pack. My true mate is here. He will be my life now and I will be his."

"Nothing is certain until the ceremony, Ensley." Her mom said quietly.

"It is mother. I am never coming back."

Back in the present, Kyler kissed the back of her neck. "Are you awake yet?"

Ensley turned over to face him and placed her hand on his cheek. A face that was so dear to her now. "Yes. I was thinking how happy I am here with you. I can't wait to become your Luna tonight. Officially."

"I plan on making you mine. Again. Right now." Kyler rolled her on her back to make love to her. Afterward they showered together and ate breakfast. Then Kyler went to his office and Ensley went to visit Hannah and Lucas before meeting up with him at the packhouse.

Later that evening, Kyler had dressed for her ceremony and gone to the packhouse. Ensley wanted Kyler to see her at the ceremony for the first time in the dress she had chosen. Hannah finished Ensley's hair and touched up her makeup and declared her gorgeous and ready to become Luna. Zach and Andy waited on the front porch as Hannah had shooed them out of the house for privacy.