v. the boneyard.

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

   MUSIC MAKES THE SAND BEAT and the ocean waves roar louder as the speakers jump with potency. Red solo cups litter the beach and the stench of beer flows around the warm breezes that wrap the boneyard in one. For once, everyone seems to be having the time of their lives as they talk with anyone and everyone. The Pogues are carefree, the Kooks aren't being the vexatious pricks they usually are and the Tourons are suddenly alcoholics as the party longs.

People don't seem to stop arriving as the party grows more and more active. New beer barrels open, dozens of red cups contaminate the sand, the sun forgives as it stops its deadly burning and the laughter and chaos grow with every passing second.

On her sixth cup already, Oakley finds herself next to a random Touron with nice dark hair and sweet brown eyes. The two sit on a log, facing each other, the girl rambling uncontrollably as the guy watches her with a soft smile.

"I mean don't get me wrong, I love dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets, but they just. . . taste different, y'know?" she moves her hands vigorously, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Uh. . . yeah, yeah I think I know what you mean," he nods, a breathy chuckle escaping his lips as his eyes drift down to her lips.

Oakley gives one curt shy laugh as she falls silent again. Locks of golden hair fly into her face as she gently pushes it away behind her ear, her chest heaving a small sigh as her light blue eyes look down at her cup.

She can feel the guy's starving gaze burning onto her skull and her cheeks get even redder with uncomfortableness. Her fingers tap the cup in an uneven melody and she slowly kisses her teeth, finding ways to make a conversation re-erupt since she apparently is the only one that dares bring up a subject.

"So. . . Griffin, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," the boy snaps back to life, his eyes glimmering as his smile widens.

"How do you like it so far?"

The boy begins to speak, but Oakley is already preoccupied as her eyes catch onto JJ's figure drinking with a bunch of girls. Definitely Tourons from the way they cheer unrealistically joyful. Her light blue spheres trail up from his abs to his sweet smile, finding her gaze stuck to his gleeful eyes and the way they scrunch in excitement. A soft smile works its way up to her lips and her stomach feels light just by looking at him move.

Her attention is suddenly brought back when she abruptly stops hearing the guy talk. Immediately, her gaze falls back on him as she sees him turn around, noticing the source of her distraction as he turns back towards her.

"That your. . ."

She slightly scrunches her eyebrows before her eyes widen in realization.

"What- Oh! What? No, no, that's, uh. That's my best friend," she purses her lips and nods.