viv. x marks the spot.

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

WHEN KIARA HANDS JOHN B HER DISCOVERY, EVERYTHING GETS WEIRDER. Even though it isn't a bag full of heavy gold that demands the help of all five to carry, as soon as Oakley reads what the file which had been extracted from the wall says, she knows it's some deep shit, and John B has most definitely not made all this up.

"Holy shit," John B mutters as he looks down at the file in his hands, "This is from my dad," he turns to Pope.

Once every month, Big John would take Oakley and John B out on a fishing trip on the marsh. For many years, it became a tradition, the man being like a father to the young girl that felt neglected by her own— John gave her the attention she didn't get from her dad and Oakley gave him the charm he didn't get from a daughter. From age 6 to age 13, Big John never missed a date with his two troublemakers. At the end of those sweet trips out on the HMS, John would always gift Oakley a postcard of a random place in the world. They were never real, mostly printed with pictures taken from 'Getty Images', but Oakley treasured them.

And just the sight of a file just like the ones in which John used to give her the postcards makes her heart clench and her throat tighten into a knot. Overwhelmed by stress, Oakley turns away and lights herself a cigarette with shaky hands.

But her angst is only worsened when JJ suddenly calls a code red.

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!"

Before she can even react, JJ is shoving her away as they all run away from the headlights that ignite directly towards them.

"It's the guys that robbed your house," JJ informs nervously as they hide behind the structure.

John B fumbles for a flashlight as JJ turns to Oakley, both pressing their hands on the wall quietly.

"Turn your light off, dumb ass!" Oakley rips the flashlight off JJ's head as he stays quiet, his doe eyes large.

Oakley feels bad for insulting him and rolls her eyes before placing an apologetic kiss on his cheek. Though it was only for empathic purposes, she enjoyed the hell out of that hard kiss to his soft cheek.

"Homie's got a gun," JJ whimpers.

"God! I left Bali in the car, oh God! I'm gonna cry. Oh my God, oh lord—" Oakley begins panicking and Kie's eyes darken with determination.

"Screw this," she states before jumping to her feet and running.

No one hesitates to follow her as they sprint like mad people. Oakley's legs pump with adrenaline as she dreads what can be following after her and her cigarette remains gripped between her fingers— priority of an addict.

"Go! Go!" Everyone screams as they get to a fence, struggling to climb through.

Kiara and John B jump down and Oakley starts to climb, her small stature and skinny body making it hard for her to apply much force to her arms and push herself up. Desperately, JJ places his hands on her behind and pushes her up, making her fall on the other side with a thud and a groan.