XIII

He obeyed then, eyeing me suspiciously as he placed an elbow on each one of my thighs.

"What?"

"Turn around, " I said, putting my hands on his shoulders and twisting his body to face away from me.

Once he was where I wanted him I began massaging his shoulders. He leaned back with a little groan, resting his elbows on either side of my thighs on the ledge.

"That feels so good," he said.

"I thought it might after driving for so long." I continued to massage between his shoulder blades, up the sides of his neck, and down along his spine, pressing my fingers into the knots and trying to work them out.

"Mmmmmmm...." He moaned.

Shit. That was an unholy sound. I felt like I was sinning just hearing it.

We remained like that for a good while, in companionable silence, the only noise coming from the bubbling of the water and gentle hum of the jets.

My lower legs dangled next to Weston's sides; my foot brushed against his ribs and he flinched away.

"Are you ticklish?" I asked with a soft laugh.

"Nope," he answered.

I nudged his side again a little harder and he jerked away, laughing.

"You are too!"

"Stop it Avery," he warned.

"Or what?" I asked, looping my arms around his neck and circling my legs around his waist so that he was trapped.

"Or else were going back to our room," he said firmly, and stepped away from the ledge, taking me with him.

"Don't threaten me with a good time."

Wes spun around in a circle with me and then managed to twist around while my arms still held to his neck, so that we were face to face again; I sucked in a breath when he gripped my thighs and fixed them back around his waist.

With a quiet groan he dropped his forehead to my shoulder.

"What?" I asked him, my hands drifting into his hair.

He shook his head, not lifting it, then tightened his grip on my thighs and walked to the stairs, climbed them and stepped out of the hot tub.

"Are we going back?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm sortof of tired now," he said.

His gaze stopped though when he met my eyes, and we stared at each other for a few moments, me not being able to form any words but wanting to say something.

"That was fun though," I offered, trying to gauge his feelings.

"Yeah it felt good. Thanks for the massage," he said, smiling gently and lowering me to the ground.

"Sure," I said, and grabbed my towel quickly to wrap around my body, feeling shy again under his gaze.

He grabbed his towel and dried off, and we walked around the pool again towards the door.

We flicked off the lights and headed back through the lobby.

The lady was gone thankfully.

I started shivering a little as we rode the elevator back up to our floor. By the time we got to our room my teeth were chattering.

"Hurry up and change Avery," chuckled Wes.

"I-i-i- a-a-a-mm," I chattered.

He grabbed my towel and vigorously began drying me off, then handed me his shirt from earlier and pushed me into the bathroom.

"Th-th-thanks," I said.

I took off everything and put on the the shirt and a change of dry underwear.

When I came back out Weston hadn't budged, and so I turned off the lights and jumped into bed. I was just getting under the blankets when I heard Weston mumble something.

"What?"

He mumbled again too quietly to hear.

I leaned in his direction. "What?"

"You can sleep over here," he said, turning his head until his eyes met mine in the dark.

My heart started thudding at his words, and I stuttered out my next sentence.

"You-want-me...to? I mean- do you?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Mhmm," he said in that gravely, sleep-ridden voice.

I stood and pushed back the blankets, sliding under the covers, even though he was on top.

"Don't you want under the covers?" I whispered.

"Mmmm."

"Wes." I shook his shoulder.

"Too tired. M'fine."

"You're going to freeze." I reached out and skated my fingers lightly across his abdomen, my eyes flicking up to his face when I saw him tense at my touch.

"Uh uh. No touching baby girl."

"Hmmmm...why?" I knew why. I just wanted to hear him say it.

He rolled slowly until he was facing me with his head propped on his hand.

"I'm sure you can figure it out."

I smiled and reached out once again, grazing my nails from his collar bone to his shoulder, down his arm to his side, then stroked the smooth skin right above his waistband on his hip. He exhaled long and low, but didn't stop me, physically anyway.

He let me touch him, didn't do anything but watch my eyes as I softly explored his body. After a bit his eyes began to get heavy and I pulled the covers out from under him with
his minimal assistance, and managed to get the covers over both of us. He then shocked me by pulling my body on top of his, burying one hand in my hair and gripping my waist with the other.

"You're beautiful Ave," He whispered.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Fuck yes."

"You shouldn't cuss so much."

"Probably not."

"I like it but I don't think the lord does," I explained. 

I saw him smile in the dark.

"You're probably right."

"That was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced, earlier," whispered. I slid off his body and nestled into his side, our legs tangled and his arm around my shoulders, his mouth resting against my temple. I heard him sigh.

"And I'm probably going to hell for it."

"Shhhhh. No you aren't," I whispered.

Soon his breaths gently waved across my hair, and I knew that he was asleep.

Once again, I didn't fall asleep til well past midnight.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•