XV

Kansas was so boring. At first the landscape was interesting because of how bland it was, but after the first hour it got very, very, old.

"I can't believe I was planning on walking there," I said out loud, shaking my head. "I would have made it all the way to kansas and then died of boredom and a heatstroke because apparently kansas has no trees. "

Weston chuckled.

"I'm serious," I said.

"Of course." I saw him stifle a smile.

"I hope Colorado looks better than this, is all I gotta say."

"Eh, some parts look just as bad almost, but not where you're going. It's pretty up there, and you've got a gorgeous view of the Sangre de Christos."

"A mountain range?"

"Yes. One of the longest in the world actually. Goes all the way into New Mexico."

"Interesting," I mused.

"Yeah. My exit is in two miles, don't let me miss it."

"Like you could out here," I snorted.

He shrugged.

I got another text message from Scott and then remembered about the first one I hadn't replied to.

I sighed and opened my phone.

"Hey Wes, how many more hours to Scotts?"

"Like.... eight if we drove straight through but I think we're gonna stop early tonight and camp one more time.

"Oh good, I'll tell him we'll be there tomorrow then."

I had one more night with Weston.

I texted Scott and then clicked my phone off.

I wanted to make the most out of this day, even if we were driving through the forsaken land of Kansas.

One more day.