46.

Lalisa knew that Selugi would not willingly allow her to back away quietly.

The socialites hanging around the hall had by now already started to form cliques. They roped in people whom they could benefit from into their circles and formed an army of fake friends.

Lisa normally flew under their radar because she was neither extremely close to anyone, nor was she so cold that she offended any side.

However, she had forgotten that something called jealousy existed!

Lisa was generally considered an extraordinary beauty who possessed exceptional character and morals. This girl who was blessed with both indisputable beauty and brains soon became the number one topic on everyone's lips.

Moreover, a rivalry between Selugi and Lisa quickly formed due to their fathers competing with one another in business.

However, this was not even the main reason behind their conflict. Rather, the main reason was that Eunha had been best friends with Selugi!

During the years that Lisa was pursuing Jungkook, Selugi had resembled a loyal dog who was constantly by Eunha's side.

When she returned from abroad, Eunha had disappeared for a whole year. This was also the same year that Jungkook asked for the Mu Family's blessing to marry her. Whenever Selugi henceforth bumped into Lisa, she would feel indignant on behalf of her best friend!

At this moment, Selugi could not take Lisa's calm indifference.

"You murderer, why have you shown your face? Does justice really exist? After all, you were released despite killing Eunha!"

Selugi's emotions were going on overdrive. Her originally pretty little face was now bunched up due to rage, making her look rather hideous.

To make matters worse, the formal attire that Lisa wore was apparently part of the same set as Feng Rao's outfit. They were the same color, but with slightly different styles. Selugi had merely chosen a more revealing style that made her look bustier while Lisa chose an elegant off-shoulder design.

However, the bustier dress that was supposed to be sexier had lost its effect when worn next to Lisa!

AfterLisa heard Selugi yell at her and call her a killer, she faintly smiled and quietly replied, "The judge has already ruled me innocent so it's not up to you to decide if I'm a murderer."

The women beside them looked as if they were watching a TV drama.

Back then, when Lisa was infinitely impressive, their hearts had never felt anything for her but jealousy.

Furthermore, the hearts of numerous socialites all over the city shattered after hearing the news that Lisa was planning to marry the Jeon Family's Third Young Master once again.

If they had known earlier that a shameless woman like Lisa who constantly pestered a man could eventually become the Jeon Family's daughter-in-law, then they would not have restrained themselves.

They took pleasure in Lisa's pain when she was imprisoned. When they ate additional bowls of white rice, only to later worry about sinfully gaining weight, they considered it a spit in the starving Lisa's face...

Selugi sneered. "You still argued when they collected your blood samples at the scene that year..."

"The blood sample could've been artificially placed there! The lawyer had already stated this in court."

Lisa was neither haughty nor shy. Her calm expression was as smooth as jade while her temperament was as cool as a spring breeze. Moreover, her indifferent appearance made Selugi's heart rage even hotter!

How could this woman still act so arrogantly after rotting in prison for two years and coming out to discover that her family's financial state had crumbled?

Where did this courage come from?

"Eunha was carrying Jungkook's flesh and blood in her womb that year. If we're discussing timelines... Eunha and Jungkook were childhood sweethearts, meaning that you were his mistress! It's a shame, you didn't succeed in rising from your position as mistress because you were dragged away on your wedding day. I'm afraid that means you can't be considered as the Jeon Family's daughter-in-law either..."

Selugiplayed her trump card!

That six-odd month male fetus...

This matter was a splinter in Lisa's heart...

That child and Eunha were buried in the Jeon Family's private cemetery, this much was undeniable.

However, since the Jeon Family did not bring up this matter, Lisa had decided not to ask about it either.

Furthermore, it was common for a man of Jungkook's status and position to have numerous concubines. Before their marriage, why would it matter if he had lived with his young mistress in an expensive house?

The thing that bothered Lisa was the child!