57.

"Here comes Old Mistress!" Someone shouted.

Everyone simultaneously moved closer towards the direction of the stairs.

Old Mistress Jeon was surrounded by a few people. She looked elegant and poised, coupled with a generous bearing. Compared to two years ago, Lisa felt that Grandmother was even more hale and hearty and no one would notice that she had passed the age of 70!

Jeon Tangzhong was walking beside Old Mistress, introducing the young people around to her in a low voice.

Old Mistress had a kind and gentle appearance, and she amiably greeted everyone. When she came across familiar young people, she would have them come closer and inquire further details, giving some thoughtful advice. The atmosphere in the hall turned vibrant once more.

Mingyu followed behind Old Mistress. He had just changed into a white shirt and dark blue vest. His upright and handsome appearance revealed the demeanor of a distinguished gentleman in all his movements.

Following beside Yugyeom was a thin and refined man, who was wearing a pair of golden-edged glasses. He looked decorous, not saying a word but smiled at everyone. Lisa recognized that he was Second Young Master, Jeon Zhuan.

Due to the nature of work resulting in having to stay in the hospital all day long, Jeon Tangshuo and his wife together with Somi were unable to attend. However, as a man of the family, the brother, Yugyeom, must accompany by the Old Mistress' side no matter what.

Old Mistress, the one with the highest position and who has the final say in the Jeon Family, led a few of her grandchildren with outstanding appearances to socialize in the crowd. It was quite imposing!

Usually, Old Mistress Jeon would not attend such occasions, but her own annual aristocratic family banquet was an exception.

"Where's Jungkook?" When Old Mistress Jeon did not spot Jungkook, she asked Jeon Tangzhong, who was beside her.

"Maybe he has gone out to bring Lisa in."

Jeon Tangzhong looked around. When his gaze fell on his nephew, he smiled.

Jungkook knew that Grandmother must be inquiring about his whereabouts, so he brought Lisa along as he headed towards Grandmother.

"Grandmother, Lisa had returned for a few days. I've brought her over today to greet you."

As he spoke, Jungkook's big hand held on to Lisa's and he pulled her closer to him.

Lisa went forward and gently greeted, "Grandmother, is your body in good health?"

Old Mistress Jeon gave a glance at Lisa, her initial happy look instantly lost its vibrancy.

"Can't you see for yourself whether I'm doing fine?"

The displeasure in her tone was beyond words.

The moment Old Mistress' words came out, everyone gasped.

Particularly Joy and Nancy who had lost out earlier. Both had on a gloating expression.

'Mwahaha!' Jungkook cared deeply about Lisa, but the one with the highest status in the Jeon Family, Old Mistress, treated her with contempt, like a pair of worn out shoes to be discarded.

What a major discovery this was!

Lisa clearly did not expect Old Mistress's hostility towards her was this apparent.

She had often come over to the Jeon Family in the past, and although Old Mistress did not like her much, she did not reveal any enmity.

When Jungkook proposed marriage to the Mu Family, Old Mistress did not object as she felt that since it was somebody that Jungkook liked and the Mu Family's background was fine that time.

The end result of the marriage was barely satisfactory, but the responsibility should not lie with Lisa!

Who would knew that Old Mistress would embarrass her in front of so many people today?

Lisa felt wronged and upset, but she maintained her calm expression on the surface. She smiled faintly and said softly, "I've returned for a few days. Jungkook said to wait till I'm better before paying my respects to Grandmother. Grandmother must have been angry with me. It's all my fault..."

"That's not necessary!" Old Mistress Jeon sneered. "Jungkook has already told me, so anytime you want to send your greetings to me is up to your liking!"

Tzuyu saw Lisa's face paled.

With so many people around, and she was afraid that Old Mistress would say even more unfriendly words to hurt Lisa. She hurriedly pulled Lisa to her side and said smilingly, "There are many people around today, and Grandmother can't be speaking that much here. We can continue the conversation when we're back at the mansion, and it won't be too late still."

Jungkook saw Lisa looking upset. The distinguished man pursed his lips, his dark eyes instantly turned menacing.

He hugged Lisa's shoulders, and his deep voice sounded, "Sister-in-law, please bring Lisa to get some food. Her body is weak, and she has been standing here for some time waiting for Grandmother. Looks like Grandmother has not adapted to the fact that Jungkook's wife is back!"