⁰³, IN THE SHADOWS

𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.
chapter three; In The Shadows
" Do not speak ill of him in my company, Feyre. "

  NIXIE AWOKE TO a heated argument of two familiar people

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

  NIXIE AWOKE TO a heated argument of two familiar people. She pulled herself closer to the front of her small room, pressing her face against the bars that held her back.

  "Rhys, what did you do?"

  His head spun, sparing an angry but healed Feyre a quick glance.

  "You know, to Nixie, her tattoos are an honor."

  Nixie self-consciously rubbed her right arm donned in magical ink.

  Luck and destiny and prosperity and safety and love-- admittedly, she'd hated them for years. They hadn't done their job from where she was sitting.

  But now, Nixie understood. And she did honor them, she cherished the markings on her skin.

  "That's what this is about," Feyre spoke, her eyes sparkling in realization, "You're only saving me because her life relies on my trials."

  "What?" Nixie demanded, pressing herself closer, "Rhysand, what is going on?"

  "Now you've gone and gotten me into trouble," Rhys mumbled to Feyre, shaking his head as he departed from her cell.

  "My life?"

  Rhys pursed his lips, reaching into the cell to grasp Nixie's skeletal hand tightly. For he knew this anger was but a thin veil, attempting to hide the fear in her heart.

  "Feyre was concerned after you were whisked away. Amarantha took advantage of a weakness."

  "My life depends on--"

  "I bet on her."

  The whisper didn't reach an eagerly listening Feyre, who wished the stone walls were thinner than paper.

  "This is my life," Nixie breathed out, tears bubbling up, "Rhys, I don't-- I don't want to die in this place."

  "You won't."

  But she couldn't believe that. No matter how much faith she wanted to have in the mortal girl that morning, Nixie wasn't so sure these trials would even be possible to pass.

  "If I do I need you to take me home," Nixie whispered thickly, "Don't leave me here, Rhys."

  "Never."

  Rhys dared to venture past the bars, pulling Nixie in for a tight hug. He stayed longer than he should have, but for this, he was willing to face the consequences.

  Nixie fell asleep, her head resting on his thigh. It was a rare night, one she slept through, though this may have had something to do with the gentle magic that leaked out of Rhys's hand as he brushed down her hair.

Storm of Starlight, ACOTARजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें