-01-

Loki Blackwell wished the news of half of a body found in the woods came as a surprise to him, but it really didn't. Beacon Hills was a lot weirder than some people would care to admit. The small town was the kind of place that thought a few random break-ins would be the biggest crime it would ever get. Loki knew things would eventually get worse, the already existing supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills wouldn't be the last ones there by a long shot.

Of course, Loki knew of the supernatural creatures that were apparent in Beacon Hills, he and his father were a part of them. His father had been drawn to the place just like all the other creatures had been.

"Do you have any idea what did it?" Loki asked, sitting on the kitchen counter next to where his dad was making his morning coffee.

"Not really. If I had to guess, probably stray werewolf but the news coverage of it was really surface level so there's no way to tell yet." His dad, Damien, said as his coffee finished dripping into his mug. "Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure it's no big deal."

Loki nodded in response, hopping off the counter and grabbing his backpack and keys, "Alright, I gotta go, don't wanna be late. I'll tell you if I hear anything weird. Bye, dad!" Loki yells out with a wave as he walks out the front door, shutting it behind him. He walks over to his black Toyota Cambry, throwing his backpack into the passenger seat and getting into the car, driving off quickly to school.

|||

Loki pulls into his usual parking spot next to Jackson's Porsche, turning down his blasting music that was already getting stares from other students. He steps out of his car, flashing a quick grin at a small group of girls stood by his car which gets a few waves and bashful giggles back from them. He gives a small two-finger salute and wink before walking inside the school.

Loki immediately goes to find Jackson and Lydia who he assumes will be at Jackson's locker. Seeing the girl's fiery red hair as he rounds the corner tells him he's right. He goes to lean against the locker next to Jackson.

"Dude, we're at school, not one of your dad's fancy dinners, what's with the outfit?" Jackson scoffs, looking over at the boy to his left who had on a black long sleeve button-up with a dark floral print on it tucked into some tight jeans.

"I like to look nice, sue me," Loki shrugs, glancing over at Lydia. "Hey, Lyds looks just as nice as me, so technically you're the odd one out." He walks around Jackson to Lydia, throwing his arm around her shoulder with a shit-eating grin. He knows that if it were anyone else Lydia would have immediately pushed them away but she leans slightly into him. Lydia was Loki's first friend when he moved to Beacon Hills and ever since they met they'd been practically inseparable.

Jackson rolls his eyes as he looks over at the two of them, "I hate you."

"Love you too, dude." Loki laughs, attracting the attention of those standing nearby. He always seemed to have that kind of effect on people, it was like the charisma was practically flowing out of him without him even having to try. He punches Jackson's shoulder lightly with a grin, "Gotta go, I'll see you later. Bye Lyds."

|||

Pulling him along with her, Lydia doesn't stop until they're in front of the new girl.

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" Lydia asks.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." She explains, nodding.

"And you," Lydia points to the new girl and laughs softly, "are my new best friend."

"I'm literally standing right here." Lydia rolls her eyes at Loki's remark. He laughs in response, switching his attention to the new girl. "I'm Loki." He says with a smile.