-05-

Loki couldn't sleep that night.

What the hell was he thinking? Why did he say anything to Stiles?

He hadn't touched his phone since he got home, instead choosing to listen to it buzz on his bedside table. He knew all he was getting was a million questions from Stiles about what he had said in the parking lot and he didn't want to think about the fact that he had just done something incredibly stupid.

Some part of him deep down was relieved he told someone. He had felt alone for a really long time because he wasn't able to tell anyone about a big part of himself. Telling someone made him feel significantly less alone, even if half of him thought it was one of the dumbest decisions he had ever made.

He could trust Stiles. At least he was pretty sure he could. No, he definitely could. The boy could be stupid sometimes but he wouldn't tell anyone about what Loki was.

Loki didn't even wanna think about how his dad would react if he told him he had told someone about them being gorgons. He had no clue what he would say about the entire situation. He hadn't been home much so Loki hadn't been able to tell him about much of anything that was happening lately.

Loki sighed loudly out into his empty room and rolled over to lay on his back, staring at the ceiling.

This was all so stupid. He wouldn't even be in this situation if he had just minded own business. He just had to go and get involved in other people's problems.

He closed his eyes, trying to push any and all stray thoughts away in favor of actually sleeping.

III

Loki didn't remember falling asleep but he was glad he did.

He was still exhausted, mentally as well as physically, but at least he had a little bit of sleep to help him through the day.

The idea of staying home and avoiding his problems had crossed his mind more than a few times. He didn't want to have to see Stiles in person and actually have to answer the millions of questions he knew the boy would ask.

After much deliberation, Loki decided he probably couldn't avoid Stiles for the rest of high school and he should probably just go and talk to him sooner rather than later.

"Loki! You seriously just drove off after that?"

Loki took a deep breath in, not turning in Stiles' direction as he walks up to Loki's place at his locker.

"Yep." He draws the word out, grabbing out a few things from his locker.

"Yep? That's it?" Stiles raised his voice slightly. Loki could tell he wasn't actually mad, more so just wanted answers.

"Talk loud enough for the whole school to hear, why don't you, Stiles?" Loki huffs, finally turning to face him. "I get it, you have questions. The thousands of texts I got last night make that pretty obvious but I would seriously prefer if we could have this conversation, like, anywhere else. Please?"

"Fine, fine. But," Stiles points a finger at the taller boy, "You have to explain everything when we talk about this."

"Okay, that's fair." Loki nods, "I assume you already looked up everything you could about it?"

"Of course I did." Stiles shrugs as Loki closes his locker, the pair walking to their shared chemistry class. "I couldn't find a ton actually, the only things I could find were Greek mythology related."

"Yeah, basically none of that stuff is accurate." Loki readjusts his backpack, sighing softly. "I'll answer all your questions later. My house?"

Stiles nods quickly as the pair walk into their class, sitting together at one of the desks.