𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

As I read the letter I have just received, I start to pace in my bedroom. Did he actually want me to call him— Babe or Baby? Why do my cheeks flush at just the thought? I race from my desk to my bed while biting my lip. Was he joking?

"Si, honey, please stop pacing," my dad yells. I abruptly stop. "Thank you!"

I belly flop onto my bed and shove my head into the pillow. I groan out loud. What if he was serious and actually want me to call him— one of those names? Then, he'll be upset if I don't. But if I do call him one of those name and he was joking, I will be humiliated infront of him. I start to laugh, how can I be humiliated infront of him if I've never met him?

Okay, back to the issue at hand, Simone. I can't ask anybody because I decided that I want to keep these letter private, just between him and me. I groan once again.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom knocks as she gently pushes the door open.

I lift my head off the pillow to look at her. I flash a smile, "Everything is good. I am just a little stressed about school."

"Okay, if you say so. You can always come down to take a break and have some fun with your dad and me."

"I will, Mom," I say as I sit up straight. "I just have a few things I want to do."

"Okay, baby," my mom begins to close the door, but then pops her head back in, "I'm going to start making dinner. Come down in twenty minutes."

I nod my head as she closes the door. I get up and walk towards my desk. Okay, my secret admirer likes me. He won't make fun of me, if anything he'll think I am confident. I pause and look out the window above my desk. Wait but he knows me, well kind of. He knows me well enough to know I am generally a shy person.

I grab my school notebook and rip a page out. I grab a pen and start to write. In the first remarks, I hesitate, but I decide to let my hand have a mind of its own.

Dear... B-babe,

I have been great. School has been as good as school can be. I have a question for you: what is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is La la land, The Sixth Sense, and The Little Mermaid. Oh I have another question! When will we meet? I was just wondering if you have a date for when we will meet.

Sincerely,
Simone

As I signing my name, my mom bursts into the room. "Honey, come down!" My mom sees me sitting at my desk writing. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just doing some homework," I lie. "I'll com down right now."

I get up from my chair and walk down the stairs with my mom. If my parents find out that I've been talking to a boy, they would freak out. My parents are really strict. They have never said I can't have a boyfriend, but I think it is just left unsaid.