❧ 05

05 | 20 questions

Hours later into the party, Luke runs a frustrated hand through his hair, sticking up in all directions; he brings a beer to his mouth, the bitter taste getting to him; he was more of a wine person, really.

He watched as the girl before him chugged down bottle after bottle casually, looking around her as everyone spoke, seeming uninterested.

How she could drink so many beers and not get wasted, or at least act like she wasn't drunk at all, was beyond Luke.

"Okay, guys, who wants to play 20 questions?" Fred asked, trying to keep the party fun, even if there were just a few people left.

Luke didn't want to stay this long; hell, he'd be tucked in his bed sleeping right now if he could, but he had to get close to Konstantine somehow.

"No one, Fred," Konstantine answered, seeming extremely uninterested; he didn't get how someone could seem so cold and intimidating.

"Come on Kons, it'll be fun. Besides, what else can you do?" Fred insisted. Luke wanted to punch him.

"Go home?" She asked sarcastically. "Do you have the number of a trust worthy cab?"

"No, you can't leave! Come on, it'll be fun. If it's not fun, we can always-"

"That's it, I'm leaving." She looks at Ciara, who's way too interested in Ashton's stories to care about what's happening around her. "Ciara, are you coming?"

"No, you can go." She answers, her gaze still fixed on the dimpled boy. Konstantine rolls her eyes and grabs her purse, walking outside without muttering a goodbye.

Luke realizes he has to act now, quick.

He walked over to Ashton, who out of nowhere was sticking his tongue down Ciara's throat, (not that she seemed to mind, really); Luke made a gagging sound, but tapped his shoulder nonetheless, breaking the steamy moment.

"Dude, I'm busy," Ashton growled.

"I need your keys." Luke whispered, trying to keep it low key. He looked at everyone, they were either too busy on their phones, or making out, or trying to get Fred to shut up by making him chug as many beers as he could.

"What? For what?" Ashton asked.

"I need to talk to her." Was all he said, hoping he'd get it. Realization hit Ashton's face.

"No way man, how am I getting home?"

"I drove here, you can stay at mine's tonight," Ciara kicked in, her tone a little bit too sensual for Luke's liking. God. What people do to get laid.

"Okay now thinking about it Luke, here you have it," Ashton handed Luke his car keys, making Ciara smile before returning to what they were doing previously.

"God, just use protection, you'd be a shit of a father." Luke warned him, Ashton just flipped him off.

Luke exited the apartment, stepping into the cold night air. The street was wet from the previous rain, and everything was quiet.

It was oddly quiet, Luke thought; he would've heard the click of her high heels as she walked away.

And that's when he knew something went wrong.

He started walking, faster and faster each time; following a path he had created himself just now.

He started looking at every place she could've possibly turned to, an alley, a coffee shop; maybe she's just hiding.

He made a brutal stop when he heard someone's uncomfortable shriek, running to where it came, which was the back of a diner.

"Leave me the fuck alone, pervert," Luke heard Konstantine's struggle through her voice as he came closer to where she and the other person only identified as pervert were.