❧ 06

06 | we're drowners

Just like Luke had said, Ashton's car was just a few blocks away, and Konstantine couldn't be gladder. She walked in front, with Luke hot on her heels pointing out where to turn and where to keep going straight in other to get to the car.

Once spotted the simple, silver car, they both got in, none of them saying a word.

Luke started the car and drove off, already knowing where the blue-eyed girl lived.

The ambient was calm and the road was dark, everything was silent, and Luke hated that; he couldn't bear with such awkwardness, so he turned the radio on, letting the sound of Katy Perry fill the car.

He made a disgusted face, to which Konstantine reacted to with a smile. They both kept silent as Luke's fingers changed station by station, trying to find a song that wasn't overhyped and mediocre.

Eventually, and not finding anything he liked, he gave up, carefully pulling his phone out, his focus still on the road.

"Can you plug it in for me?" Was the first thing he'd said to Konstantine that didn't have to do with where to go. She nodded slightly and took Luke's phone from his hand, brushing his fingers slightly. Luke wanted to die.

The brunette plugged the phone to the car's aux cord, and seeing as it didn't have a passcode, she started looking for some music to play.

"I see you made yourself comfortable with my phone," he chuckled, looking at her for a second before turning back to the road.

"I want to see what kind of music you've got, since you were so quick to dismiss Katy Perry." She replied calmly, back to her old, emotionless self.

"Can't stand it," he added, licking his lips, "she's too annoying."

Konstantine nodded, but didn't reply, her gaze fixed on his phone as she looked through songs. It made Luke somewhat nervous, really; the least he wanted was for Konstantine to see the text he'd sent Ashton about her.

The sound of The Drowners soon filled the silent car, the lyrics of Suede connecting to Konstantine almost instantly.

"You like The Drowners?" Luke gulped; this girl got more surreal with every passing second.

"Yeah."

The blond block nodded, unsure of what to say next, but all thoughts soon faded away when Konstantine opened her mouth again, only this time she wasn't talking, she was singing along the lyrics.

"So slow down, slow down, you're taking me over, and so we drown, sir we drown, stop taking me over..." the lyrics fell from her rosy lips softly and her eyes remained closed.

Luke figured it was better to stop looking at her and pay attention to the road if he wanted to keep both of them safe and prevent a car crash because holy shit- did she look good singing.

Luke gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white, contrasting with the dried blood that couldn't be wiped away. He couldn't get how someone he was supposed to fucking murder was making him feel this way. She's a victim, he's a predator, he's a sociopath, he doesn't feel. But somehow, Konstantine Bizantino had managed to tear his profile down and make him feel so little and weak in just two goddamned days.

"...God I sing so terrible," Konstantine laughed quietly, catching Luke by surprise; he then noticed she was a bit drunk, those beers did get to her after all.

"No, you don't," he insisted, almost face palming himself for replying so fast and making himself look desperate.

"Really?" She tilted her head to look at him better, "we kiss in his room to a popular tune, oh, we're drowners..." she continued mimicking the lyrics, looking right at Luke, who was trying his best to keep his eyes glued to the road.