❧ 03

03 | saturday night.

"I don't know man," Luke said as he played with the ball his friend brought upon his arrival; he let it fall on his stomach once he rested down on his unmade bed, looking at the ceiling. "It was so weird."

"What do you mean by weird?" His friend asked; he sat at Luke's chair, where the pile of dirty clothes laid before it was thrown to the floor by him. His friend didn't mind, he was just as messy as him.

"I can't forget it, you know? It was a weird experience; normally when I meet girls I'm the one who's intimidating, but... this one wasn't the case." That perked up the friend's attention; knowing that his friend didn't seem intimidating to someone sure was something new. "She was so mean."

"No way! You felt intimidated by her."

"Shut up, Ashton," Luke grunted, throwing the ball at him, hitting him in the head, "I didn't; she was just mean... that's all."

"Well, you weren't rude to her back, were you?" Ashton smiled.

"That's not the point!" Luke answered, trying to avoid answering the question, "the thing here is, she's not like any other girl I've met. So I have to work harder for this one, and you know me, I like a good challenge."

"Maybe she just acted rude to seem interesting, you know how girls are," Ashton suggested, playing with the ball that hit him just minutes ago, "I bet she's all soft."

"I don't know; her eyes are really cold, tho." Luke shrugged.

"Now you're getting all poetic and Tumblr-like, cut it off!" Ashton chuckled, "though you do seem to be hooked up on this girl, I mean, that's all you talk about. Who is she?"

"This girl named Konstantine Bizantino." He answered nonchalantaly.

"No way! Kons? My Kons?" Ashton said. "Dude, Konstantine goes to my school!"

"Wait, your Kons? You two are friends?" Luke asked surprised.

"You know I don't have friends." Ashton answered in a serious but annoyed tone, as if he was supposed to not forget that the only person he could tolerate was Luke. "But we talk now and then. Man, she's tough."

"But you said she'd be a softie on the inside!"

"That was before I knew the girl you're supposed to burry is Konstantine fucking Bizantino! What did you expect? She's Emilio Bizantino's daughter!"

Ashton was the only one Luke knew he could trust; upon meeting him and him finding out Luke's dirty little secrets, he has stuck with him and his shit like no one else ever dared to, because they were too scared to do so. But Ashton, Ashton didn't mind at all; he was just like Luke: he didn't feel pity for anyone, not even for Konstantine Bizantino. Luke could make any kind of sick comment about people he has gotten his hands on, and Ashton would laugh and applaud, even praise his actions.

They were the same soul in different bodies, as Ashton once said.

"What? No! You know I don't mind at all, it's people from my school we're talking about. Konstantine was a bitch anyways, which is one of the reasons why I thought she was so cool, but a bitch nonetheless."

"I just can't wrap my head around it."

"Well, you'd know her too if you went to school with me." Ashton retorded; he'd been trying for almost 2 and a half years to get Luke to go to college, but it was all in vain.

"Nah man, I don't do college," Luke said, sitting on his bed, "You only need college so you can get a job you can make a living off, and I already have that."

"Yea, killing people is a great way to make a living." Ashton answered sarcastically.

"You know it." Luke smirked, making Ashton chuckle at his friend's dark humour. Soon Luke's smirk erased from his features as he let his body fall into his bed again. "I just don't know what kind of excuse to make so I can start talking to her."

"Well, I know!" Ashton cheered, which caught the blonde's attention, "this next saturday there's a college party; I wasn't thinking on attending but I can bring you along and introduce you to Konstantine."

If someone heard the conversation, they'd think of a boy helping his friend with the girl he likes, which was totally not the case, not even close; the least someone would expect, is for them to be planning a murder.

"Sounds great."

"Saturday night it is, then." Ashton nodded, throwing the ball back at Luke.

"What would I do without you?" Luke asked, sighing.

"Plan terrible murders on your own." Ashton answered, smirking.

-------------

n/a: okay ashton appeared. i wasn't going to put him here on the story but boom it just happened. what do ya think?

vote and comment lovelies, please, please, please, just PLEASE do, it'd mean a lot.

also, wanna thank everyone who proposed ideas for a christmas story. they were rlly creative and rlly helpful.

love ya,

laura

x