❧ 02

02 | here's the package.

Luke's feet dragged him towards the gigantic house that was before him; his hands carried a heavy box with unkown items inside that he wished he knew what they were, but he remembered how Carls had threatened to rip his guts if he ever deared to have a peek at the inside of the box.

Luke showed up at the Bizantino's doorstep and knocked just twice; almost immedialtely, a middle aged woman with a soft blue dress, which Luke guessed was her housekeeper uniform, greeted him.

"How can I help you, kid?" The woman sweetly smiled at him, dying to let this innocent and adorable looking boy inside, but she refrained herself from doing so.

"Yeah, um," he played with his words, acting as if he was as innocent as his features made it out to look like, "I have a thank you package for Emilio Bizantino."

"Oh." The cleaning lady said surprised; usually, the ones who showed at the doorstep with something related to Mr. Bizantino looked somewhat big and scary, but him... well, he was just a kid. "Well, he's not here, but I'll save it for you if you'd like-" she said, already grabbing the box.

"No!" He exclaimed, making the maid take a step back; "I... I mean, it's confident. I have to make sure I deliver it to his office myself; if you take the wrong steps... something could go wrong." He lied.

"Is there a bomb inside this?" the maid said, ready to drop the box.

"Of course not," Luke said, wishing there actually wasn't a bomb inside the box. "Is just that... you know Emilio Bizantino, he's always mad when people don't mind their own bussiness, what would he think if you were the one who gave him the box..."

"I'm... I'm new here, I didn't know." The maid stuttered.

"It's okay, this will be kept between us, don't want you to get in trouble." Luke smiled, feeling less nervous.

"Thank you sir, come inside, please."

The maid pushed the door open, letting the blonde boy inside the mansion; he watche in awe every single detail, and wondered if all of this was out of Emilio Bizantino's occupation.

Focusing back into what his purpose was, he walked around the house, followed by the maid who didn't trust him completely.

"Where's his office?" He asked.

"Down the hall and to the left." She indicated, and he followed her directions.

After leaving the box filled with God knows what, Luke didn't know what else to do.

Should he ask for Konstantine? Call her? What would he say when he saw her? Pretend he was an old friend from highschool?

"Excuse me, ma'am..." he called out for the housekeeper, "do you know if Konstantine is here?"

"Miss Konstantine is at her tennis practice right now, are you one of her college friends? She'd say some college friends were visiting today."

"No, I'm an old friend, actually." He lied.

"Do you want me to leave a message for her, sir?"

"No, it's okay." He answered, walking towards the main entrance, ready to leave the house.

Walking down the last few steps of the Bizantino's porch, a bright red Swift he hadn't seen upon arriving parked, a girl hoping out of the driver's seat seconds later.

Luke was left speechless.

Her white, creamy, porcelain-like skin had some glow with the afternoon's sun's rays; her chocolate hair, shiny and wet with sweat, was up in a messy ponytail, tucked under a hat. Her face was the most intriguing part: her cheeks rosy and puffy, her lips pink and plump, her face still red from what Luke thought was too much exercise at her tennis practice. She was beautiful.

"Oh, just in time Miss Konstantine! This young man says he's here to see you."

Crap.

"And you are?" Konstantine asked after taking a long sip of her bottle of water. Luke didn't know what to say, not under Konstantine's icy glare. Normally, you'd expect people as beautiful as her to be friendly and outgoing, but Konstantine Bizantino was not the case; known for her glares and intimidating looks, Konstantine was someone people referred to as "dry ice."

"I just came here to deliver something for your father... I didn't come to see you." Luke tried to stay calm and looked like he wasn't at all shocked by her goddess like face, thing that was very difficult for him.

"Well then, you can go now." She commanded, standing her ground.

"I was just doing that." He replied, walking past the housekeeper just to stop next to Konstantine. He stretched his hand for her to shake, "I'm Luke."

"See if I care." She bitterly replied, not moving an inch. Luke shrugged, and walked what was left to leave the Bizantino's property, smirking.

She was tough, and Luke Hemmings always was one to like good challenges.

------------

[A/N]:

short capter lulz

no no
dont say it..
i know its horrible you dont have to say it but like i was writing the chapter and suddenly none of the things i wrote seemed to fall together ugh im so stressed out man, but hey im back again and this story is too so lets celebrate that.

im thinking about doing a short christmas story but i dont know what the plot would be. i have nothing on my mind so please suggest ideas, and also tell me with which band member youd like. it can be 1d it can be 5sos whatever its fine.

i dont want the author's note to be larger than the chapter itself so goodbye for now its 12 am and i have a spanish final tomorrow, or well, today. wish me luck ily all sorry for my unexpected hiatus

laura,

x