Don't Let Me Break (Carter Sisters #1)

DESCRIPTION

Marley Carter has always lived her life in the shadows where few people see her and only the monsters in her head keep her company. All that changes when Sebastian Levy barges into her life.

Somehow, she's caught his attention. No matter how hard she tries to avoid him, he's always there, trying to drag her out of her dark world. Even after seeing all the hidden sides of her, he still won't give up. And what's worse, he's starting to make her want things. Things she never thought she needed or deserved.

But loving Marley is dangerous business. Sebastian might want her for himself, but the monsters in her past refuse to let her go. And they're willing to do anything to keep her chained in their lair.

GENRE: Interracial Romantic Suspense

PAGES: 376 Pages

EXCERPT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

As if he wasn't done stabbing her, he turned in his seat so that he was facing her completely then added, "I like someone else."

"I see." She forced a smile. And even though it felt like her face was cracking from the effort to keep that smile intact, she added, "That's great for you."

"You." He stared her dead in the eye.

Confused, she arched her eyebrows. "Huh?"

Sebastian shifted closer to her on the couch. He took her wineglass from her and set it on the coffee-table next to his. Looking more serious than she'd ever seen him, he announced, "I like you."

Marley could've sworn that her heart stopped then. Everything around her stilled, as did her whole body. Had he just said what she thought he'd said?

"I like you," he repeated as he kept his eyes on her.

His confession was so out of left field that it left her dry-mouthed and stuttering. "Um... I- I- I don't know what to- what to say."

"What about you?" He set his arm on the back of the couch. The distance between them was so short that his fingers grazed her hair. "What do you feel about me?"

Of course she liked him, and she wanted to tell him that. However, her lips refused to let out the words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GET YOUR COPY TODAY: Scroll down to the comments section. You'll find a comment from me with links to all stores where you can find the book.