Lose Control (Firebacks 3)

SERIES INFO: Book 1 in The Firebacks Series (3 Book Series)

GENRE: African-American Contemporary Romance

PAGES: 263 Pages

EXCERPT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chryssa Williams.

Just what he needed to ruin a good day!

Eli barely held back his groan of irritation as his eyes met Chryssa's. For Pete's sake, he had to see the woman every time he went to the Ford's house. Did she also have to stalk him in his workplace?

How such a blood-sucking viper could look so good was beyond Eli. But she did. Even seated, Home-Breaker Williams (as he'd dubbed her in his head) was a sight to behold. From the hair pulled into a sexy teacher's chignon to the pencil skirt that skimmed over her curves erotically.

His body screamed for him to turn tail and run, but his brain reminded him that he still had to find out his clinic hours for the week and that he was no coward. With barely a pause in his step he yanked his gaze away from hers and strode towards the enquiries desk with every intention of ignoring her, getting his information and getting out of there as fast as he could.

Maybe she'll ignore me too.

Obviously it was too much to hope for because she met him at the counter.

"Hi, Eli." She was the first to speak. Figures! Chryssa was always the first to speak. She'd spoken him right out of half of his property.

"Hi," he returned before turning to the nurse. "Angie, do you have my schedule for the clinic?"

"Let me just get it for you."

He studiously tried to ignore the woman standing next to him as he watched Angie – tried being the operative word. It was hard to ignore Chryssa, not when her sweet scent – something with flowers – teased his senses or when her body lightly brushed up against his. It was hard not to notice that in her heels she was just the right height he liked on his women, tall enough that he wouldn't have to bend when they kissed.

Kissing Chryssa? When hell froze over.

"What you doing?" she asked in a singsong voice.

"Getting my schedule," he returned curtly his gaze still straight ahead on Angie. Bring the damn schedule already.

"Schedule for what?" The woman was just determined to start a conversation with him, wasn't she?

Eli gave a silent 'hallelujah' when Angie returned with the information he wanted. The moment she handed it to him, Eli turned on his heels headed for his office.