Chapter Thirteen: The Great Escape

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER

Nose scrunched in slight disgust although she's been here more than she would count in the past few weeks, Eden sighed before talking. "Liam Dunbar, your room smells like sweat, sports, boy and ass. Sweaty sporty boy ass. Clean up your room, there is a woman in your presence."

"Really Eden? Where?" Liam retorted.

This earned him a hefty smack to his arm and the two began to laugh. After the entire ordeal in Mexico and her ordeal with someone she didn't even want to speak his name, the two bonded. Liam became a little brother like figure to Eden, granted he might have had a small little crush on her, seeing her torn up over Stiles and wanting to protect her as much as she protects him, but it quickly changed. They spent their days together, attempting to be as normal teenagers as they could be.

Which was hard when one was harboring the secret that he's a teenage werewolf, but they got by.

Eden had gotten used to living by herself a bit. Chris sent money to pay bills since the agreement was she were to attend school and be normal while he was away, he'd handle expenses like rent and send her money to buy food. Eighteen wasn't too far away for her anyway. Her days had been spent hanging around the pack, shopping with Lydia, girls nights with Lydia and Kira, dinners with Scott and his family and spare time playing games and simply having fun with Liam. His parents grew fond of the girl, knowing she was a positive influence on him. God, they were slightly wrong.

The two had been in his room for what felt like hours, Liam playing video games and yelling at the screen, Mason staring and laughing—he also became fond of Eden—and Eden on Liam's bed, legs folded and using his laptop. "Be nice to Eden. She is right though, it does smell a bit in here."

"I like Mason. Keep him." Eden kept her eyes on the screen of the laptop, laughing as she spoke. "When's the next movie night where we trash Scott's house instead of mine or yours?"

Liam quickly looked back at the girl before turning quickly to the television screen once more. "Uh...ask Scott?"

"You suck." The brunette sighed. "I'm cooking dinner tonight at my place, you guys want in?"

Mason perked up at the sound of free home cooked food. "What's on the menu?"

"Not sure yet, I have to check what's in the fridge. I'm due to go shopping in like two weeks but there should be enough to feed a hungry animal...and Liam." There she goes, poking fun at Liam again, which earned a pillow thrown in her direction. "Stop, Liam! You'll break your laptop!"

"Don't use it as a shield!" Laughter bounced off the walls of the room before Liam raised his arms in victory. "Kill count King!"

Mason and Eden just scrunched their noses. "Hey, didn't you say someone needed to come here to drop off something?"

"I don't know did I?" Liam asked, tilting his head to the side. Then the thought jolted in his head, eyes widening. "Wait. Damn it I did."

Eden looked up from the laptop, eyes meeting Liam's. "You okay?"