Chapter One: The Dark Moon

Two months

Two months.

The pack had been without Allison for two months. Some cried, some moved on and some didn't seem to grieve at all. Issac had decided to leave, Beacon Hills was nothing but trouble for him and he knew it. It took his mother, his father, his brother, Erica, Boyd and now Allison from him. He felt like death surrounded him.

Just when everything felt like maybe they could get back on track, back to some kind of normalcy, Derek Hale had gone missing.

Scott, Stiles and Lydia walked into Deaton's office in the Animal Clinic hoping for some kind of answer that they knew wouldn't be there. "Okay so how long has it been?" Stiles asks as Scott heads to a cabinet.

"Weeks. He hasn't gotten back to any of my texts" Scott replies simply but with worry lacing his speech.

Stiles raised an eyebrow incredulously before furrowing them in disbelief. "Has Derek ever returned any of your texts?" he asks out of curiosity. Derek knows how to tap a screen and make words appear?

Scott slowly turns around, Lydia's eyes jumping between Stiles and Scott as she waits for McCall's answer. Scott begins to walk back to the table with a small sigh "Once. Definitely once..." Scott recalled, taking a few seconds to gather his thoughts to try and explain to Stiles and Lydia why they should worry as much as he was. "But this time it felt different. So I went to the loft. The alarm was on, everything looked okay..." Scott continued. His eyes were trained on Stiles' who was currently leaning on the examination table.

A small metal can was held in Scott's hand as he spoke. "But then I found these..." Removing the lid and pushing it forward between himself and the two friends on the other side of the table. Stiles tilted his head, obviously intrigued with the can and what could be inside. He put his slim fingers and hand into the can, pulling out a silver bullet shell casing with a skull engraved on it. "...so I sent a picture of it to Deaton. He said it's the mark of a family of hunters based out of Mexico. The Calaveras."

"What would they want with Derek?" Lydia spoke for the first time since arriving to the Vetenarian's office.

Now Stiles spoke, finally tearing his eyes away from the bullet. "You don't think they killed him, do you?"

"I..." Scott paused, shaking his head "I don't know." His dark eyes slid over to Lydia, feeling the guilt wash over him for what he was about to ask. "That's why you're here."

Scott slid the metal tin over to Lydia who just inhaled slowly. She still hadn't gotten the hang of her powers, still didn't know how they worked yet she knew she had to help Scott as much as she could. It wasn't because she was part of his 'pack' but because that was her helping out her friend. Her index finger ran around the rim of the tin, her head cocked to the side before putting her hand into the tin full of shell casings. The metal felt cold in the palm of her hands, cold like death. Closing her eyes, tuning into the sound she needed to hear, she dropped the casings into the table.