Chapter Three: Muted

"Hey! Eden!" a voice called out from the other end of the hall, causing the Latina to look up from her locker

"Hey! Eden!" a voice called out from the other end of the hall, causing the Latina to look up from her locker. There was that mane of golden blonde hair, blue eyes and a smile that she had seen a few times since they first initially met. She'd be lying if she said she didn't think he was attractive, thought he had nice muscles and a gorgeous smile. Eden would be a liar if she said she wasn't somewhat interested in the all American boy, Garrett. "There's the beautiful genius and the person I wanted to see."

Eden chuckled and shook her head, her brown locks of hair covering her face and slight blush. "Garrett, always the charmer. How can I help you?" Closing her locker and looking down at her feet, everything seemed a bit better to look a than Garrett's eyes of blue.

"Lacrosse tryouts are today..." Garrett started. It was then that Eden finally looked over Garrett's frame. Black shorts and long socks, cleats, red and black Under Armour shirt and lacrosse stick in hand. "so I was wondering-"

"My coordination is shit, no. I won't tryout. No matter how much you try to con me, I won't be trying any of it" Eden joked, laughing as Garrett laughed and looked down at the floor. Even when he was being modest, being bashful in a way, he was cute.

Garrett shook his head "No, I wasn't going to ask you to try out. Actually, I was hoping you'd come and watch me play. You know, moral support kind of thing? I mean, tryouts are later, I'm heading to practice a bit now. I'm hoping this year I can actually make Captain of the team."

"Who's the captain now?" Eden asked, looking over at Garrett and biting down on her bottom lip.

"Scott McCall. Do you know him?" Garrett asked. Eden felt her heart rate accelerate a bit. She didn't know him, but chances are she knew him better than his own team mate and by that statement she meant his status as a wolf. "He's pretty much the Cinderella story of the team. When he first went for the team, he was a bench warmer with a shaggy haircut and asthma. The school year came around, tryouts happened and its like he went from horrible to superstar overnight. He was co-captain of the team until the other co-captain moved away. He took over and he's been captain ever since."

Eden just nodded her head, trying to think back a bit on the time line Garrett just painted out in front of her very eyes. If she calculated that right, then Scott had been turned shortly before or after he met Allison. "Well, I'll be there to watch the tryouts. I gotta find a good number to root for during the games anyway."

"Trust me, you'll want to root for number seven" Garrett added with a wink before walking up ahead of Eden, leaving her to shake her head and look down at her books for a second before two men weaved around her. Shaking her head and mumbling a few obscenities, Eden headed for the Lacrosse field and found an empty spot on the stands. The second she sat down, she regretting being there, after all California is different from the East Coast and her allergies were going to definitely mess with her now.

Running her fingers through her hair, looking over her outfit once again, light blue denim jacket and a black tank top that matched perfectly with her black skinny jeans that were ripped up and ankle boots, her eyes saw two familiar figures again. Girls. The jet black hair, dark eyes and awkward vibe she knew from the beautiful Asian girl--she should really learn her name--and Malia. Pulling out her phone, Eden played a game of Bejeweled Blitz before her eyes saw blonde on the field. Garrett. What was the protocol on cheering during practice? Eden just stayed still and watched the boys practice.