Chapter Ten: Monstrous

Five minutes passed from the initial moment Eden placed a kiss on Stiles' cheek before she groaned

Five minutes passed from the initial moment Eden placed a kiss on Stiles' cheek before she groaned. "This bed sucks major ass." Sitting up and stretching her back, Eden sighed. "I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather be in your bed right about now."

"Say it again so I can have it embedded in my brain." Stiles chuckled at his own stupid joke before sitting up a bit in bed. "My head hurts, I don't think sleep is in the cards for me." His eyes watched over the girl in the hospital room with him, smirk sliding across his face. He never understood what his father meant when he would talk to him about women-probably because Stiles was more than sure he wouldn't have even landed a girlfriend since the girl of his dreams since the third grade was Lydia Martin-but his father spoke about different kinds of feelings. There's a puppy love, the one you feel when someone likes you and you're too young to understand it, but it sends a funny feeling to your stomach and it makes you feel like laughing all day with that one person. Then there was unrequited love, that was a bitch he learned first hand. There was a real love, which everyone falls into yet its the hardest to fall out of at times and a first love that no one forgets. His father spoke about a strong love, something that could move a mountain and it'd be tested but it'd be worth it. Then his father would have a gleam in his eye and talk about true love, which is something once in a lifetime and it changes your entire world. Looking at Eden, he was more than sure this wasn't some kind of puppy love that fades quicker than the night. But was this love at all? Was this some fleeting emotion or was what he was feeling real and true? Was it more than just some kind of immense level of liking or was it the circumstances that always seemed to heighten feelings? Leaning over, his lips planted against hers, fingers laced in her hair that managed to be wavy today.

As Stiles pulled away, Eden smiled and bit down on her bottom lip. "What was that for?"

"For being you."

"Wow, can I get that with extra cheese please? Hold the onions, those are disgusting" Eden joked, scrunching her nose which made Stiles laugh himself. "Is there anything you can take for your head?"

Stiles sighed. "Not yet. Once Melissa comes back with some kind of information, I'll know what I can do. I just want to sleep and make sure everyone is okay." Rubbing his temple once more, Stiles groaned. "I just want an Advil."

"Ibuprofen, Aleve or Excedrin is better, but sure. Advil. I'll tell them." Eden looked down at her feet, knowing when Stiles meant 'everyone' that there was a big chance he didn't mean just everyone, he meant Malia. Looking over with a small smile, Eden just nodded. "I'm sure you'll be fine though."

Stiles smiled small. "I hope so too. I'd like to stretch out in a bed. Preferably one in a house."

"I'll call Eichen" Eden retorted.

The human boy with whiskey eyes in the fluorescent lights just let his mouth gape open, his hand rest on his chest as if he were hurt. "That hurt me to the core, Eden. Don't ever do that to me again." Stiles tried so hard to laugh but the headache and the slight distortion he avoided to tell Eden he had was making it difficult. The room door opened and Melissa McCall appeared. Both Stiles and Eden looked up at the woman. "Melissa. Hi."