2. A Winter's Longing

The chill of winter had settled over Seongju, and the country house looked like a picture postcard covered in a pristine blanket of snow. The memories of spring were tucked away, waiting to be rekindled with the arrival of warmth once again. Jungkook, now ten years old, sat by the window in his room, gazing out at the wintry landscape. His thoughts often wandered back to his days with Taehyung.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow across the snow, Jungkook found himself longing for those days. He missed the laughter, the games, and the warmth of taehyung's presence.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Jungkook's mother noticed the wistful look on her son's face. She approached him, her gentle smile hiding the concern in her eyes. "Jungkook, is something on your mind, sweetheart?"

Jungkook sighed softly and turned to his mother. "I miss tae, eomma. why does he have to live so far?"

His mother knelt beside him, her hand caressing his cheek. "I know, darling. We all miss them. But just like you appa, uncle Kim too works for a living. He too has a family to support, right? And remember, he'll be back for Christmas, just like every year."

Jungkook nodded, finding comfort in his mother's words. He knew Christmas was just around the corner, and that thought brought a smile to his face.

One evening, just a few days before Christmas, as Jungkook was doing his homework, his phone rang. It was a number he recognized, one that brought instant excitement. It was tae.

With trembling hands, he answered the call. "taetae!?"

"kookie!!" the omega's cheerful voice came through the phone. "Guess what? We'll be coming back to Seongju for Christmas!"

Jungkook's heart leaped with joy. "Really? That's amazing! I've been missing you so much."

Taehyung giggled. "I've missed you too, kookie. Can't wait to see you and play in the snow like old times."

Jungkook's smile widened. "It's going to be the best Christmas ever!"

As they chatted about their plans for the upcoming Christmas holiday, the warmth of their friendship enveloped them, transcending the distance that had kept them apart. Jungkook and Taehyung loved each other, their emotions pure and untainted by the complexities of the world. It was a love born in the innocence of childhood, a bond that could withstand any test.

Later that night, as the little alpha lay in bed, he couldn't help but think about the promise they had made. He turned to his mother and said, "eomma, you know, tae and I have a pact."

His mother raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "A pact? What kind of pact, sweetheart?"

"We promised that we'd always be mates," Jungkook replied with a shy smile. "Just like you and appa"

His mother's eyes softened with understanding. "That's a beautiful promise, kookie. And I'm sure it's a promise you'll both keep in your hearts forever."

Jungkook also had an older alpha sibling, Namjoon, who was two years older than him. Their family was well-off, as his father held the position of mayor in Seongju, and they owned several businesses in the area. In contrast, Taehyung's family was equally affluent, with his father being Jungkook's father's best friend. However, Taehyung's family had moved to the city because his father worked for a prestigious firm there, which was why they only had the opportunity to visit Seongju twice a year.

__________

Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter.💌