6. Apart

1.5 years had passed since the loss of their mother, and Seongju had witnessed changes that echoed the shifting dynamics within the Jeon household. For Namjoon, the passage of time had offered a glimpse of acceptance. He understood the necessity for his father to find companionship again, and he had eventually come to terms with their father's remarriage to a kind-hearted beta woman. The new woman in their lives brought a sense of stability and warmth, helping them heal, but for Jungkook, the wounds festered beneath the surface.

Jungkook couldn't easily let go of the idea that his father had moved on from his mother too soon. The memories of her still held a powerful grip on his heart. It wasn't that he disliked the new woman; it was more about the feeling that his mother was being forgotten, relegated to mere photographs on the wall.

Their home had changed with the arrival of their father's new wife, a caring and understanding beta woman who genuinely tried to integrate herself into their lives. She brought stability back to their household, and for Namjoon, she became a second mother figure he could rely on.

But Jungkook struggled to accept her presence. He couldn't help but resent the intrusion into the memories he held of his mother. It wasn't her fault; he knew that, but his emotions were a tangled mess he couldn't sort out.

Jungkook's heart had become a fortress, his emotions locked away deep inside. He questioned the reality of love, wondering if the love he had believed in so fervently between his parents had been genuine. It was a harsh reality for a teenager to grapple with, and it left him emotionally distant.

As for Taehyung, he had tried countless times to reach out to Jungkook. He loved Jungkook dearly, and the emptiness of their separation weighed on him like a heavy burden. But his efforts were met with silence, and Jungkook's walls seemed impenetrable.

Even during Taehyung's visit to Seongju the previous Christmas, Jungkook had watched from a distance as Taehyung attempted to bridge the gap. But the warmth and laughter they had shared in their playhouse were distant memories now. Jungkook's avoidance left Taehyung feeling helpless and alone.

The pain in both of their hearts was palpable. Taehyung couldn't understand why Jungkook was shutting him out, why their love seemed to have vanished. He missed his beloved, the one person who had always been his anchor. He spent countless nights staring at the sketch they had drawn together, the one that hung on his bedroom wall as a reminder of their cherished love.

But Jungkook's avoidance left him feeling like an outsider, a stranger in his own love's life. He felt like he was losing a piece of himself, something that had always been so pure and beautiful.

Jungkook, on the other hand, felt like he was drowning in his own doubts and bitterness. He couldn't bear to face the reality of his father's new relationship. The once clear image of love between his parents had become hazy, clouded by the complexities of adult emotions and decisions.

In the process of shielding himself from the pain, Jungkook had unintentionally pushed away the one person who had always been his confidant, the one who had shared in his joys and sorrows. The realization that he was drifting away from Taehyung, the person he loved deeply, was a weight on his chest that he couldn't shake.

As the days turned into weeks and then months, Jungkook and Taehyung's hearts continued to break, their love slipping through their fingers like grains of sand. They were both trapped in their own emotional turmoil, unable to bridge the gap that had grown between them.

The purity of their love had not faded, but it was buried under layers of confusion and hurt, waiting for the right moment to resurface, to heal the rift that had torn them apart. Their love remained, a constant presence in their lives, silently yearning for the day when they would find their way back to each other, and their hearts would once again beat as one.
_______
Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter.💌