7. Winter's Embrace

The frosty winter air hung heavy in Seongju as Christmas approached. Taehyung, now on the cusp of turning sixteen, had grown even more beautiful over the past year. His omega curves and delicate features had blossomed, drawing attention wherever he went. Yet, despite the passage of 1.5 years, he couldn't forget his love for Jungkook, his first kiss, the alpha who held his heart.

As the holiday season approached, Taehyung couldn't shake the longing he felt for Jungkook. He missed him deeply, and the thought of spending another Christmas without his beloved alpha was almost unbearable. He knew he had to make things right between them.

With determination in his heart, Taehyung decided to visit Jungkook's home. He had heard about Jungkook's new stepmother and wanted to meet her. Taehyung greeted her with a warm smile, and she instantly liked the boy, knowing from Namjoon how close he had been to Jungkook. She had been aware of the strained relationship between Jungkook and her, and she blamed herself for not being able to bridge the gap.

Taehyung, however, had a mission. He went upstairs in search of Jungkook, hoping to find him and make amends. But Jungkook wasn't in his room. Instead, he met Namjoon on the way, who suggested that Jungkook might be near the lake, sketching as he often did.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung followed the path toward the lake. The winter sunlight filtered through the trees, casting long shadows on the snow-covered ground. He couldn't help but smile as he remembered the countless moments they had shared in this place.

From a distance, he spotted Jungkook, seated on a fallen log, his sketchbook open in front of him. Jungkook's senses alerted him to Taehyung's presence, and he tensed, his heart pounding.

Taehyung approached slowly, the sound of his footsteps on the fallen leaves barely audible. "Kookie," he said softly.

Jungkook's grip on his sketchbook tightened, but he didn't look up. "What do you want, Tae?"

Taehyung swallowed hard, his voice gentle and pleading. "I want to talk, Kookie. I miss you. We can't go on like this."

Jungkook's voice was laced with bitterness as he finally spoke. "Why, Tae? Why do you miss me? What's the point?"

Taehyung moved closer, his heart aching for the boy he loved. "Because, Kookie, I love you. And I can't forget you. I won't forget you."

Jungkook's gaze remained fixed on his sketchbook, his words filled with pain. "Love, Tae? Love is just a lie. Look at my father, moving on so easily. I hate him for it."

Taehyung knelt beside him, their eyes meeting. "I know it hurts, Kookie. But we can't let it consume us. Love isn't a lie just because some people fail at it. Our love, our connection, it's real."

Jungkook's eyes were filled with a mixture of longing and despair. "Things can't be the same, Tae. It's too late for that."

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he reached out, brushing a strand of Jungkook's hair from his forehead. "Kookie, please, don't push me away. We can find a way back to each other. I won't give up on us."

Jungkook's emotions were a whirlwind, and he couldn't bring himself to look away from Taehyung's gaze. "It's not that simple, Tae. Maybe you should forget about me."

With a heavy heart, Jungkook stood up and walked away, leaving Taehyung behind. He missed the omega's touch, the warmth of their connection, but his wounds hadn't healed, and the bitterness in his heart still lingered.

Taehyung remained by the lake, tears streaming down his face as he watched Jungkook's retreating figure. His love for the alpha was unwavering, and he knew that no matter how much time passed, he would continue to hope for the day when they could mend their broken hearts and find their way back to each other's arms.