10. Back To You

Taehyung was back. Unlike his younger self, he wasn't running around searching for Kookie. Nor was he looking for Jeon Jungkook to reconcile with.

It's been a day since he's back. Not once did he ask anyone about him. He stayed at home and shared the gifts he brought for his eomma appa. His siblings weren't here yet. Jimin and Namjoon won't be coming back till Christmas. Rose has been designing apparel for their father's business and is in Seoul. She too was busy and wasn't coming anytime soon. He missed them though.

It was the next day he somehow decided to look around. As Taehyung stood near the stable, gently patting a horse, he was lost in the thoughts as memories of his childhood flooded back. He couldn't help but remember the days when Jungkook had taught him how to ride a horse.

It was a skill that had brought them even closer, a memory he held dear.

Just then, as if fate had orchestrated their meeting, he heard padding as he veered around only to see Jeon Jungkook returning to the stable on a majestic black horse, looking as handsome as ever, and his presence was undeniable.

Their eyes met, and for a brief moment, time seemed to stand still.

"Jungkook," Taehyung said, his voice soft but without the familiar nickname he had used in the past.

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat at the sound of his name. He missed being called "Kookie," a name that had once held a special place in their shared world. He nodded in acknowledgment, his gaze locked onto Taehyung.

"You're back," Jungkook remarked, unable to tear his eyes away from Taehyung's captivating presence as he springs on to the ground, guiding the horse back inside the stable.

Taehyung nodded, his emotions swirling beneath the surface. "Yes, I am. It's been a while."

Jungkook swallowed hard, the words he longed to say caught in his throat. He had missed Taehyung more than he cared to admit, and seeing him now, more beautiful and captivating than ever, stirred something within him.

"I heard you've been doing well," Taehyung said, attempting to keep the conversation light. "Taking over the family business, that's impressive."

Jungkook nodded, grateful for the change in topic. "It's been a challenge, but I'm learning."

They stood there, amidst the horses, their words echoing with unspoken emotions. The spark between them was undeniable, a connection that refused to fade completely, no matter how much time had passed.

the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the stable.

Taehyung's voice was filled with a mixture of nostalgia and longing as he said, "Do you remember the time we spent here, Kook?"

Jungkook's gaze softened, and a hint of a smile tugged at his lips. "Of course, I do. Those were some of the best days of my life."

Taehyung nodded, a wistful smile on his face. "I've missed you, kookie."

Jungkook's eyes met Taehyung's, and for a moment, he allowed himself to be vulnerable upon hearing that name. "I've missed you too, tae."

The unspoken words hung in the air, heavy with unresolved emotions. They both knew that their journey was far from over, but in that fleeting moment, it felt like a small step toward something they had both longed for - a chance to rebuild the bond that had once been the foundation of their lives.

Jungkook cleared his throat, breaking the brief silence. "Hey, Tae, it's been a while since you went horse riding, right?"

Taehyung hesitated for a moment, his gaze drifting to the horse he had been patting earlier. "Yeah, it has been. I haven't ridden in quite some time."

Jungkook nodded, understanding the unspoken reasons behind Taehyung's reluctance. They had both grown distant over the years, and the thought of riding alone felt daunting.

Feeling a sudden urge to bridge the gap between them, Taehyung ventured, "You know, the sun is already setting, but maybe tomorrow we could... you know, go riding together like... we used to?"

Jungkook's gaze met Taehyung's, and there was a moment of hesitation in his eyes. He had missed their shared adventures, but he wasn't sure if he was ready to take that step.

Taehyung's voice was soft but hopeful as he continued, "I mean, it's been so long, and I miss those times. It could be... nice."

Jungkook's heart wavered as he looked at Taehyung, the omega he had once shared everything. The bond between them was still there, waiting to be rekindled. Finally, he nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, Tae. Tomorrow sounds good."

_______
Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter.💌