chapter 13 ~ 'tension in the air'

Mattheo's POV

I gaze at her as she sits there sadly. I don't even need to read her mind to know what she's thinking about.

Suddenly, Enzo breaks the silence.

"Riddle, we need to talk." He clears his throat.

I sigh and stand up and he moves away from y/n so she can't hear whatever important thing he has to say to me.

"What is it now Berkshire?"

"It's y/n's aunt." He whispers.

"Jenna?"

"Yeah. Um..." He mutters.

"Spit it out!" I whisper-shout, beginning to grow impatient.

"Your father has her."

I try to hide my angered face because I know y/n is looking. She's already emotionally exhausted, this news will only break her more.

"What do you mean?" I clench my jaw, growing angrier by the second.

"He has her trapped in the Malfoy Manor dungeons. He's going to use Jenna as bait to bring y/n back so he can-"

"Yeah, I know. You don't have to say it." I cut him off, not even wanting to think about what will happen to her.

"We have to go and save Jenna." Enzo states.

"Are you crazy? The moment we enter that house, y/n is dead. It's a trap, you know that Enzo."

"But-"

"We'll think of another way to save her aunt. We just can't tell her. She's already so depressed." I cut Enzo off. "We'll find a way."

y/n's POV

I notice Mattheo and Enzo whispering at the side, their faces looking concerned and panicked. They better not be keeping secrets from me.

"Guys?" I call out.

They glance at each other and then just walk back to me as if nothing happened.

"What we're you whispering about?" I ask curiously.

"Oh, it's nothing." Mattheo scratches the back of his neck, looking around to avoid eye contact with me.

"I know when you're lying Mattheo. You can't fool me."

"We were just discussing where we're going next." Enzo adds.

"Right, and where's that?" I question the both of them, getting angrier by the second.

If someone keeps another secret from me, they're dead.

They both look at each other and Mattheo shrugs his shoulders, leaving Enzo to think of an idea on the spot.

"Wales." Lorenzo states and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Wales?" Both me and Mattheo say in unison.

"Uh, yeah. Me and Brianna went there during the summer holidays."