Chapter 34: Fairytales

33 BULLETS

"Me?!" I exclaimed. "What do you mean, he thinks she's me?"

Cane pointed to my ponytail. "Your hair. Molly has blonde hair like you. But hers is nowhere near as long as yours."

"Huh? He wants me because of my hair?" I was so confused.

Cane nodded.

Thann kneeled in front of me and placed a hand on the wood beside me. I wished he'd touch me instead. "There was a story told, back when there still were mothers, our mother told it to us. It was of a woman to come to save the world. They called her the Woman of Thunder, or Owesifazane Wokuduma."

"Wokuduma. You called me that sometimes." I looked deep into his dark browns trying to understand.

"Yes. I realized that you were the same Woman of Thunder once I saw your hair." He pulled my locks over my shoulder. "In the story it speaks of a most beautiful woman with golden sunshine flowing down her back and following everywhere she goes. Our people always have dark hair, so sunshine makes sense."

I started picking at a tangle to give my fingers something to focus on.

"I should have realized it earlier, but it had been so long since I'd heard the story, that it didn't connect until I actually got to see your hair."

I shrugged nonchalant, still threading out the tangle. "So it could be anyone with long blonde hair. Maybe it really was Molly. What king could care about me? I'm nothing."

Thann pushed the lock of hair away from me and pressed on my chin to get me to look at him. "No. It's you. The story talks of a woman coming to our world from the stars. She'd be riding a metal wolf and could control the thunder."

"What?" I chuckled nervously. "A metal wolf? And controlling thunder? Don't be crazy. I can't do that."

He nodded. "Yes. Yes you can. Your car. We have no word for it. Of course the only thing we could liken it to was fast and big like our wolf forms, and metal. And the thunder. Your metal stick. Your gun. It causes invisible lightning to attack whatever you want and the thunder cracks your wish."

A sliver of a smile pulled at one side of my lips. "My gun shoots bullets, oh uh, my gun contains rocks, sharp rocks that get pushed out with an explosive fire to point at a target. The sound just comes from the blast. I can't control thunder."

The two men stilled in their own thoughts.

Cane lifted his head to me. "Okay. And you had a contraption to start fire with your fingertips. The story foretold of that too."

"A story predicted my lighter?" I glanced between them. "I don't know guys. This is weird. Why would I be a story?"

Cane came and sat down on one side of the log, next to me. "Because you are supposed to change our world."

I coughed. "Excuse me?"

Thann sat on the other side. "Yes. The Woman of Thunder comes and brings peace to our land. You are to marry the Alpha King.  You will become his Alpha Queen and you will make him the richest and most powerful Alpha our world has ever seen."

"Queen?" I drew back.

Cane continued on. "You will unite all the packs. There's fighting and turf wars like crazy right now. People are going hungry. Women are gone. You will change all of that."

"I'm going to change a werewolf planet? Guys. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm a stupid human. A werewolf could break me like a twig."

Thann flinched.