Along The Years

3 years after the spell placed on Amelia...

The Mystic Falls gang have continued to be their normal selves. They were crushed with the news of Amelia being affected by all of this, but they were glad that they somehow got rid of the Mikaelsons after they returned to New Orleans. 

The only thing that Elena didn't like was that Niklaus took Jayden with him. That argument didn't end up to well for Elena. 

Throwback

Niklaus was preparing everything to head back to New Orleans with Jayden. He wanted to find a way to wake up Amelia and New Orleans was the best place to go. 

Jayden was taking a nap and there was nobody in the house beside them two. Suddenly, Niklaus heard the voice of someone he didn't want to see at the moment.

"KLAUS!" He heard Elena yell throughout the house. 

He rolled his eyes and walked into the main hallway to see her standing there with Damon Salvatore. "Why are you here?" He asked.

"You're not taking my nephew anywhere." She said seriously, making Niklaus smirk. "He's not your son and that would be kidnapping."

"He IS my son and he's going with me." Niklaus made it clear to her. "Not you or anyone can prevent him from leaving with me. Whether you like it or not it is not my problem. He's going with me."

"No he's not. He's my nephew and if Amelia isn't here to take care of him right now, he needs to stay with his actual family." She says, crossing her arms over her chest as if she accomplished something. 

"Jayden is not staying here." Niklaus said as he walked closer to them. "The reason that Amelia isn't here is your fault. Even if it was Jayden's choice, he doesn't exactly like you guys right now. He's old enough to understand everything that happened."

Before Elena could say anything, five year-old Jayden walked into the room. He rubbed his sleepy eyes as he walked over to his father. "Dad, why are they here?" He asked as he looked at his aunt and Damon. 

Niklaus didn't say anything, instead Elena kneeled down and smiled at Jayden. "Jayden, buddy, we think you should come live with me. You have to be with your family."

Jayden looked at his dad and shook his head. "Dad, do you not want me to go with you?" He asked sadly.

"Jayden you are going with me. There's no question about that." Niklaus told him and Jayden nodded.

"Jayden, you have to be with your family."  Elena said.

Jayden turned back to her with an angry face. "You kill my family." He said angrily, with tears forming in his small brown eyes. Damon and Elena were both taken back by that. "Momma is sleep because of you. Uncle Kol is gone because you kill him. Dad my family, not you! I hate you!" He yelled and ran off.

Niklaus sighed and looked at Elena who seemed like she wanted to cry. "You should leave." Niklaus said.

"YOU MADE HIM HATE ME." Elena yelled as she stood up and tried attacking Niklaus, but Damon held her back. "HE WILL NEVER ACTUALLY BE YOUR SON. YOU'RE NOT A GOOD FATHER." 

Damon was dragging Elena out of the house, seeing Niklaus's angry face. He knew that if he didn't get them out of there, they could both end up with a daggers through their hearts. 

End of Throwback 

It's been a year and Elena hasn't seen Jayden or talked to him. The only one who really knew anything was Caroline. 

Caroline and Klaus had got a bit closer ever since Amelia's absence. Caroline one day went to his mansion to check up on him after she found out what happened. Ever since then they have been great friends. 

Throwback

Niklaus was standing in his art room looking at the many pictures of Amelia that he had drawn. Tears were running down his cheeks and he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, so when Caroline popped up beside him, he got frightened.

"May I help you?" He asked as he wiped his own tears away and walked away from the pictures. 

"I came to check on you." Caroline said as she just looked at him. 

Niklaus looked out the window in the room in silence. "Why? I thought you hated me?" He asked. 

"Well... I don't hate you. I just strongly dislike you, but that doesn't take away the fact that you're going through a really painful moment right now. We all are." She said as she walked closer to him and stood beside him. "Amelia was special to so many, but you are her soulmate and I don't think anyone's pain is stronger than yours. I just wanted to check in on the guy that my best friend loved." 

They both stayed quiet for a few minutes just looking out the window. "She didn't deserve any of this." Nik said, his voice cracking. "She deserved better than me. I just put her and Jayden in danger. Jayden cries his eyes out every night and there's nothing I can do to help him. What kind of father am I when I can't help my son feel better." 

"Klaus, even if I don't want to admit it, you're the best person Jayden could be with right now." She said. "He feels more comfortable with you and your family. Your brothers are his uncles and Rebekah is his aunt, even if they aren't his blood. Everyone knows that you would die before letting anything happen to Jayden. That speaks amazing father to me."

"Really?" Niklaus asked her as he turned to look at her.

"Yes. You stepped up and became a father to a child that wasn't yours. That was the first good father thing you did. You could never disappoint Jayden. He loves you and surprisingly looks up to you." Caroline told him. Niklaus nodded and smiled . "Just once... do you want a hug?" She asked. 

Niklaus laughed and nodded his head. He didn't feel like denying a hug at the moment and he felt comfortable with Caroline. 

End of Throwback

Ever since that day, Caroline was there for Niklaus and Jayden all the time. She was the only one that stayed in contact and made sure everything was okay with them.

Niklaus along the years stayed faithful to his soulmate even if she was technically not there. He had the hope that she would wake up soon, so he didn't want to risk their relationship if she were to find out he slept with someone. 

There were of course moments where he was vulnerable and was close to slipping up, but he looked at his son and remembered that he would be runing his family if he were to mess things up. 

He continued to fight everyday for his son and kept reassuring him that he would wake Amelia up. 

Jayden became a reckless 6 year-old, following in the footsteps of his father. Niklaus of course would try to tell him to be better than him but Jayden was going through so many things at such a young age. 

He started to take off his bracelet that would contain his siphoning powers and would sometimes use them on others for the fun of it. He said that it would help him with the pain. That devastated his family.

The were angry at themselves for not being able to help him enough. The only thing they could hope for was that Amelia would soon wake up and fix everything because deep down they knew that she would not have wanted any of this to happen. Especially to her son. 

Author's Note:

I'm posting this now so that you guys get an idea of what's been going on lately. I probably won't get any chapters up until a few weeks with the stress with school, but I wanted to provide you guys with something.

Thank you for all the support on the last book and I hope you equally enjoy this story. Also, if you would like, go check out any of my other books. 

ENJOY!! <3