Always and Forever (PART 2)

Amelia's POV

Waking up was something I had never been happy about, but now, it was the best thing ever. I had woken up in the middle of an alleyway, having no idea how I got here. The thought of Nik just tossing me in an alleyway did come to mind, but I hoped that he would never actually do that to me. 

The first thing I thought about when I woke up was Jayden. I missed my son deeply. I had no idea how long I had been gone for. For all I knew he could be 16 years old and not know anything about me anymore. I just wanted to hold him in my arms and never let go. 

Nik was the only other person that came to mind. I had been gone for so long that he probably already found some other girl to be with. It broke my heart to even think about that honestly. I also just wanted to be wrapped in his arms and never let go. He was my safe place and right now, I definitely need that.

I had decided to wander around and try to figure out where I was at. I didn't even spend an hour walking around before being taken by some witches that told me I was pregnant with Nik's child. Of course I had already known that, but I was placed in a deep sleep for years! The baby shouldn't even be alive inside of me anymore.

I'd been at this cemetery for days now. It was making me sick. I didn't like being around dead bodies all the time even if they were in the graves. It is a bit ironic since I am the soulmate of a guy who is technically dead, but who cares. 

I heard Sophie talking to someone outside of where I was being held. Some witches were standing next to me saying that they were waiting for her to tell them to bring me out. I had no idea what they were going to do to me. They could possibly be wanting to kill me or sell me off to some weird person. I honestly just want to go home to my family. 

"Bring her out." I heard loud and clear from Sophie. The witches didn't touch me, so I just followed behind them as they walked around the corner. 

Tears fell from my eyes when I saw the person that was standing there. It was Elijah. I was so happy to finally see someone that I actually knew. 

There was silence between us for a while. I just wanted to hug him and he looked at me like he was seeing a ghost. "Elijah." I said, my voice cracking a bit.

He walked forward and stopped in front of Sophie. "Give us a moment, please." He said very seriously. 

They let us talk in the room they had been holding me in. When they left, the first thing I did was embrace Elijah in a big hug. He hugged me back and we stayed like that for a couple seconds before separating. 

"I can't believe it's you." I say with happy tears running down my face. "How's Jayden? Please tell me my baby is okay and well." 

Elijah nodded and pointed for me to sit down. It made me nervous but I sat down anyways. "It's great to see you again, Amelia, and Jayden is perfectly fine. He'll be so happy to finally see you. He's missed you greatly." I cried happily at the thought of my son. I couldn't wait to hold him in my arms after all these years. "So have they been holding you here against your will?" He asked. 

"Basically. They caught me off guard in the middle of an alleyway. I was so lost because I have no idea where anything is in this city." I told him. "Then they did all these weird, witchy tests, not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, I didn't know how I was pregnant in the first place since vampires are supposed to be dead, but also, how has the baby survived in my stomach after I was asleep for all these years?"

"Perhaps if I explained to you a bit more of Niklaus's story, it might explain how this is possible." Elijah told me. "Here, if I may." He said as he brought his hand up to my head.