Always and Forever (Part 3)

Niklaus was feeling all types of emotions at the moment. He had just now seen his soulmate again after all these years of her being asleep. And then he finds out that she's pregnant with his child. He never knew that was even possible.

He did however, feel bad for accusing her of cheating on him. He knew she would never do that, but he was just in disbelief about the situation. Niklaus knew that Amelia was most likely hurt by what he said before he left. She does not play when it comes to her children, so when Niklaus said that he doesn't care if their baby dies, he knew it hurt her. 

Niklaus walked down the empty streets of New Orleans wanting to get home to his son. Right now him being the only child he actually wanted.

"Niklaus." Elijah called out from behind him. 

"It's a trick, Elijah." Niklaus told him. 

"No, brother." Elijah responded. "It's a gift. It's your chance. It's our chance." 

Niklaus stopped walking and stood there. "To what?"

"To start over, take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us." Elijah tells him. "Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined. We were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted, all that we have ever wanted was a family."

"I have Jayden and Amelia. They are my family, they are our family." Niklaus stated. "I will not be manipulated."

Niklaus tried to turn around to walk away, but Elijah appeared in front of him. "So they're manipulating you, so what? With them-- Amelia, Jayden, and your child-- live."

"I'm gonna kill every last one of them." Niklaus says as he puts his hand on Elijah's shoulder. He then proceeds to push him back and turn around only for Elijah to appear in front of him again.

"And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid?" Elijah questioned. "Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name? Think about Amelia and your son. They will never forgive you if you kill your child."

"People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid." Niklaus stated. "What will this child offer me? The luxury of Amelia not being mad at me? Will it guarantee me power?" 

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty, it's power. This is what we swore to one another 1,000 years ago before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother." Elijah stated. "You've said yourself that Jayden is not your weakness but your strength. This is us, the Original Family... and we remain together always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you, and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home her together. With Amelia and Jayden... and your new child. Save Amelia. Save your child." 

It seemed to Elijah that Niklaus was going to give in and say yes, but to his disappointment he said, "No." 

...

Amelia's POV

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control." Sophie said as I stood there quietly watching the witches argue. "Something had to be done." I rolled my eyes at that. She took me as bait and I don't really appreciate it.

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" Agnes asked her, sassily.

"These aren't just any vampires, Agnes." Sophie rebutted. "They're the originals."

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" Agnes asked her and I was actually wondering the same thing. 

"She can't." A voice was heard and it was Elijah. Elijah was back and to add to my heartbreak, he was alone. That only meant to me that Nik had not changed his mind about the situation. He hurt me with his words towards our baby. He hurt me when he walked away without me. I thought he would've put at least a bit of more effort into taking me home with him. "Not entirely certain that I can, either, but now that your coven has drawn his eye... I have a question. What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?"