Hardest Decision

Amelia's POV

I was laying down on my bed caressing Jayden as he slept. Jayden decided to sleep with me last night and Nik never came to the room to sleep. I was still really angry at Niklaus for the way he's been acting lately. I decided to go and see if I could find him, so I got up and left the room. 

I could barely find my way around this house because it was so big. Eventually, I found my way to the main room and saw Niklaus standing there with a cup of blood, looking at one of his pictures.

"Niklaus." I said as I crossed my hands over my chest and leaned against the door. 

Nik turned around and smiles at me. "Good Morning, love. I hope you slept well."

"Yeah, I slept perfectly fine with my son." I said to him. "Now, why didn't you come to bed last night?"

"I was out all night taking care of some business." He said as he put down his cup of blood and walked over to me. 

"What kind of business?" I asked him as he stood in front of me. "Where's your brother?"

Nik looked away and then returned his eyes to me. "He's on vacation, love."

I rolled my eyes and stood up straight. "Nik, do you know who you're talking to? We've been together for years. You daggered him, didn't you?"

"Yes, but for a good cause love." He said as he grabbed my hands in his. "I need Marcel to trust me. He felt threatened with two originals in the city so I gave him Elijah for a short period."

"Are you crazy!" I exclaimed as I took my hands away from his grasp, harshly. "That's your brother and you handed him over to a random person because you want him to trust you!? What if he does something bad to him? Or uses him to figure out the way how he can kill ALL of you?" 

"I'll make sure he doesn't do that." Niklaus tried to assure me but I shook my head. 

"You can't make sure of that, Nik. Marcel is not the same guy you knew a couple of years ago." I told him. "You don't what he's capable of. You have no idea what kind of people he has working with him."

"That's why I need him to trust me." Niklaus responded as he turned around and walked back into the main room. "He needs to trust me so that I can take that information out of him."

"He could be playing you for all you know." I told him as I followed him into the room, angry at him for his careless act. "This not only can hurt you and your siblings, but it could also hurt your kids."

Niklaus turned to me and looked serious. "I would never do anything that would put my children in danger."

I noticed that Nik's eyes had drifted to my stomach and he was probably listening to our baby's heartbeat. "I hope you're right Nik because once something goes wrong, Jayden, our new baby, and I are gone."

With that, I walked out of the room and left Nik standing there by himself. 

...

Nik was gone again because he was meeting up with Marcel while I stayed home taking care of Jayden. I had been able to think a lot in the past couple of hours while spending time with Jayden. I got to hear all of the stories that he remembers from the past few years. 

I learned about his days at school, what happened with Elena back in Mystic Falls, and much more. It made me sad to think that I wasn't capable of being there during all of those moments. As his mother, the only parent he had for three years, I should have been there. 

I also learned that Jayden was grounded for running away from school a couple of days ago. It surprised me to find this out because it made me realize how much my son has changed and not in the way I would have wanted him to.