Chapter 9

Azzy sat at lunch it's the twins and the golden trio plus Ginny, stuffing her face with a grilled cheese sandwich.
" I forgot how amazing these are." Azzy smiled and took a bite.
" Yeah they are great huh?" Fred nodded.
" Oh Merlin." George groaned.
" What's wrong?" Azzy asked.
" We have DADA with that Umbridge lady then Potions with Snape right after." George read his time tables.
" I still can't believe Snivelous is a professor here." Azzy chuckled and took another bite.

The group snickered.
" Miss Evans!" McGonagall called.
Azzy's eyes widen and she turned in the direction of her head of house.
" Hi Minnie." Azzy smiled.
" Miss Evans, I hope you don't address your professors in that way." McGonagall told her.
" Oh come on Minnie, I know technically I'm a student. But I've known him for over twenty years , Its not my fault I was frozen for twelve years of it." Azzy whined.

" Still, I want you to go easy on Severus today in class. Don't make any problems." McGonagall told her.
" Minnie, when have I ever caused any problems?" Azzy asked placing her hand over her heart.
McGonagall just raised an eyebrow at her.
" Fine, fair point. I'll play nice." Azzy sighed.
" Thank you dear." McGonagall said before walking away.
Azzy turned back around to her friends.

" I can't believe you call Professor McGonagall Minnie. And I can't believe she lets you." Harry shook his head.
" Well see the thing is gang, she loves me more than her other students. Especially now." Azzy told them.
" I'd believe it." Ron nodded.
" Azalea you should really call the Professors by their respective names." Hermione scolded her.
" Hermione shut up." Ginny said under her breath nudging Hermione.

" Listen kiddos, things were a little different back in the seventies. Now I'm bringing them back. Oh shit were late for DADA!" Azzy scrambled up and grabbed her bag.
She rushed away but then ran back and grabbed her grilled cheese sandwich then ran off again with it in her mouth.
" I'm in love with your aunt mate." Fred told Harry before going after her.

Azzy rushed into the classroom. Thank god, Umbridge wasn't in there yet. Azalea might be a prankster and spent too much of her time in detention but grades did matter to her and she loved to be one of the first people in class. Hey what can you say, it's the Evans in her. She found her old seat and sat in it. Third row on the very left next to the window. The twins found her and Fred sat next to her and George sat behind her.

A few minutes later the room filled with all its students and Lee Jordan took the seat next to George. The doors behind them snapped shut and everyone turns to see Umbridge walking to the front of the room.

" Do you know her?" Fred asked.
" No, never met her. Never heard of her either." Azzy shrugged.

" Welcome to Advance Defense of the Dark Arts. I'm Professor Umbridge. Please put away your wands we won't be needing them." She told them.
" Strange." Azzy said before putting her wand away.
Books started neatly flying off her desk and onto the students. Azzy looked down at the book. Defense Against the Dark Arts for beginners?
The Evans in Azalea shot out as her hand flew straight in the air.

" Yes Miss..?" Umbridge started.
" Evans. This book says it's for beginners, and you just said this an Advance class." Azzy told her.
" Well, Miss Evans, you can't be advance if you don't master the basic." Umbridge gave her a sugar sweet smile.
" But that's the thing, we already did." Azzy said.
" Miss Evans I'd advice you not to argue with me on this. I have more knowledge on this that you do." Umbridge told her.

" More knowledge my ass." Azzy mumbled and rolled her eyes.
" Miss Evans, I seriously doubt you would be able to answer a single question over this subject with all the inconsistencies of your past Professors." Umbridge told her.
" I had the same Professor for seven years." Azzy replied without thinking.
" Excuse me? How would yo- oh. Your the girl. The one they unfroze." Umbridge announced.
Whispers started around the class room.

Azzy loosened her tie. It wasn't technically a secret it was just not something you went around announcing. Azalea could handle this two ways: she could back down and except the bullshit or she could use her age to her advantage.

This time the Marauder in her shot out.
" Yep that's me. And I studied under Alastor Moody, the real one. I am an Auror, I fought against the dark arts first hand." Azzy stood up for dramatic effect obviously.
" Well here your just a student. A student I have no problem giving detention and that's exactly what I'll do. Detention Miss Evans." Umbridge giggled then walked away.
" What a bitch." Azzy flopped back down in her chair.

¥¥¥

Potter Mansion
Summer, 1975
Some time between 3-4pm

The group of five all laid in James's huge backyard on blankets soaking in the June sun. Azzy had her head tilted back a little with her eyes closed trying to get a nice tan.
" Oi Evans! When is your sister going to finally give in and admitted she's in love with me?" James asked.
" Maybe when you learn how to brush your hair Potter." Azzy teased not even sparing him a glance.
She heard the boys ooo and she knew James's jaw was dropped.

" You know what you cheeky little minx." James stood up silently.
By the time Azzy opened her eyes to see what was happening he was already in front of her and picking her up. She squealed as he threw her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
" James-James I was kidding- stop don't do it Prongs-" Azzy tried to escape his grasp.
But it was no use James threw her into the pool.

Azzy yelped as she felt the cold water absorb her. She swam up to the surface and saw James standing at the edge of the pool smirking proudly and the boys laughing behind him.
" Help me out, you wanker." Azzy told him.
James smirked and put his hand out to her. Azzy grabbed it with both hands and pulled him into the pool as well. James let out a quick yell before he crashed into the water. The boys again laughed in the background.

James resurfaced.
" Tosh pot." James told her.
" Do you realize that non of them tried helping, either of us." Azzy shifted her eyes subtly to the boys.
" I do now. I think we should punish them for being such bad friends." James smirked.
" I love it when we combine our powers instead of fighting." Azzy smiled.
" That is when we both do our best work." James nodded.

They both got out of the pool.
" You take Remus and Peter. I got Padfoot." Azzy told him.
He nodded and they both started casually walking to them.
" Did you two make up?" Remus asked.
" We always do." Azzy shrugged.
" Yeah we realized we can't out do one another." James said
" So why not combine forces and out do all of you." Azzy smirked.

The three looked at each other confused. Suddenly James charged at Remus and Peter while Azzy ran towards Sirius. Both used their quidditch strength to their advantage and manhandled the three boys into the pool. Then they jumped in after them. Once they all resurfaced James and Azzy laughed.

" You two are evil! Pure evil I say!" Sirius whined dramatically.
" Take a joke Pads." James chuckled and threw his arm around Peter.
Peter blushed at the skin on skin contact. Something that Azalea saw, something she should of remember. But then Remus and Sirius teamed up and dunked her, washing it from her mind.

Not until it was too late she recalled that small moment, that one summer.