Chapter 39

KAYLIE'S POV

The sky seems gloomy. Who would have thought that something as colourless as water could make clouds so dark? I looked down the bridge once again only to be thwarted out of the pensive mood by a earsplitting scream.

I moved my head in the direction of the shrill voice and saw Sasha running towards me as she pulled me into a tight hug. Appalled by the sudden contact, I instinctively cringed back.

"How could you Kaylie? Weren't you the one who used give us life lessons and that SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION?" she snapped. Wait, did she said suicide?

"What do you mean... Suicide?" I questioned her with utmost curiosity that bubbled in me and as an answer she nodded, tears gave a more shine to her already big eyes.

"Why would I die? I have so much more to do." A small smile crept my face as she was embarrassed.

"So, you weren't going to jump off?" she said, her hand reaching the back of her neck, unable to maintain the ye contact.

"No!" I laughed at her anticipation.

"Stop it, Kaylie, I was dead ass scared and you are here laughing."

"o-okay I'll stop" I said pursing my lips into a straight line, trying to control my giggles.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have your job?" as she said this, my mind skipped back into place. The remembrance of jobs sent shivers down my spine, I can't afford to lose any more of my jobs, "you're right!" I said as I moved past her, slowly pacing back.

"Kaylie.." Sasha's call stopped me in tracks as I looked back to watch her looking down. "Hmm?", I asked. She slowly measured her way upto me, not looking into my eyes, as she stood near me she held my hand into hers and slowly lifted her face up, "I know this is really insensitive of me, but.."

"But?"

"I want your help... Alot." How could she, she is really gutsy to even speak this. I poked the inner side of my cheek with my tongue in order to show my discontent. She kneeled down in front of me on the wet ground, her blouse was drained with water and water softening the outline of her face.

After weeks of no contact, we meet that too on the unluckiest day of my life. I let out a slight chuckle, "Do you hear yourself?"

"Please! It'll benefit you too, you'll love it."

"Eh? What's it and get up already." she pulled herself back on her two feet, "you know, my boss?"

"Mr. Steve?"

"Yes. He is opening an art gallery."

"I see."

"So, it was my job to look into for artworks and you know.."

"yeah, you know nothing about art."

"Yeah... We are even showcasing one artwork, if you help me I assure you your artwork will be the centerpiece of the gallery! And yes you will be paid for it."

Not lying, this is drool worthy. Seriously.

"But.."

Yeah here comes the terms and conditions.

"You need to bear with me, I mean in my house cause all of the paperwork is there. It's not like yours, obviously, it's a flat but I'll make you comfortable."

Honestly, this is the most appealing part of the deal. But, isn't this too good?
Who cares? I have nothing on stake.

" Okay, I'll help you but you need to treat me. " I said as she nodded and held me by my elbow dragging somewhere.

" Where are we going?"

"You wanted a treat right?"

"What? Now? I am completely wet! Not just me, you too."

"Don't worry, I am buying clothes too. I am more then overjoyed." I smiled as I caught her pace, walking together.

END OF KAYLIE'S POV

SASHA'S POV

As Patrick told me what all happened, my heart skipped. He told me not to tell anyone and he only told me cause I was the only one who could help him find her cause he was locked in his house.

I was so sorry that I became the villain in her fiction while trying to keep myself in light. And I had no desire to clear my name in her book. I wanted her to paint me as bad as she could, at least the guilt will not feel so heavy. Honestly, I am held captive by the regret that rides over me, the first thing in the morning.

What I did had no justification, I was blinded by fake love and showed my worst side to the best person. No matter how many times I asked Ryan to inform her about us, he was always reluctant and even stopped me but I kept quiet so that I could keep him.

I hate the fact that we fought over a man who wasn't true to any one of us. A filthy shell of a man, and I know he would never feel sorry cause in his eyes, he did no wrong. I tried each way, I became a bitch; I tried to show everyone that I didn't care but it was killing me deep inside.

This was my only way, I could slightly pay back her generosity. If I have to beg, I will, I will do everything to keep her safe, I am tired of pushing away the guilt. I accept it. I did wrong. An arbitrary outrageous wrong.