Chapter 40

Kaylie's POV

We shopped some casual clothes, and changed into them and then we went to our favorite cafe, we used to go there each weekend. The ambiance of the cafe, its homey aroma, draws my soul into its cocoon for a few blessed moments. Even the owner, an elderly sweet man, remembers us.

"Omo, you two? Long time no see."

"Yeah, we were a bit.. occupied?" said Sasha as we sat at the corner and ordered our usual, an Iced Americano for Sasha and a Caramel Frappuccino for me. We sat quietly for the time our order was being prepared. I looked outside, the rain drenched scenery. Honestly, I love rain, I love how it softens the outlines of things. The world becomes softly blurred and I want to melt in it.

Soon our order was on our table, and I relished it to the core.

"Oh! How did you know I was here?" suddenly the very obvious question popped in my mind.

"I was just finding you and you happen to be there" came her simple response.

"Why were you finding me?"

"Ah actually your boyfr- oh fuck! I forgot about him."

"Forget about whom?"

Her hands reached the roots of her hair as she looked towards her phone screen.

"What is it??"

She flashed her phone screen in front of my eyes.

<<23 missed calls : Kaylie's bf>>

My eyes widened, "I'll call him", I mouthed.

Call Taehyung
Yes / No

[Hello]

[Is that really you?]

His voice was desperate as if he was yearning for the call. It made me feel apologetic and guilty to an extent.

[Y-Yeah]

[How are you?]

[I am fine]

[Don't lie]

[I am not lying]

[What happened?]

As much as I wanted to explain it to him how much I was lost, I could not form words. It was easier for me to fake to be alright rather than explaining what was killing me inside.

[Nothing]

[I am coming to Australia]

[And I am coming to Seoul]

[Really?]

[Ask yourself]

[You aren't, right?]

[Just like you.
Forget what I said, I
was a bit overwhelmed?
I guess.
I was not in my right mind]

[I don't know what I should
be saying when I already
know that you are lying
on my face and I absolutely
hate it..
Can't you trust me once?]

I gulped down what formed a knot in my throat, his voice expressed his care. Enough for me to trust him. And I always did, maybe.